Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maybe we should discuss the manager in/out

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a serious note, I’d remind the Potter out brigade that the majority of NSC are behind our manager.

On a serious note, could I just point out to the rest of NSC that both [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] joined NSC in May 2019. Oh, hang on, that appears to be the month that Potter was appointed also. Game up chap? ???

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On a serious note, could I just point out to the rest of NSC that both [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] joined NSC in May 2019. Oh, hang on, that appears to be the month that Potter was appointed also. Game up chap? ???
:lolol: :facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Personally, I think that this is the only time he will manage in the Premier League. I think he should try and enjoy it, win a few matches from time to time and bank the cash money he's being paid. He doesn't seem to have much interest in the team doing better but his brief is straight forward - 17th or higher. He's achieving it at the moment and thanks to a last day win last season, he achieved a highest points total so he's dining out on that a little bit with the sympathisers. I want the team to be successful so all the time he's the manager I want him to be a success. Right now we're rubbish and can't beat a League 2 team with our full team but this is a dip in form, I'm sure we'll get a surprise result at Leeds and then go on a nice run to renew our 1 win every 4 games average, which seems to be all our fans want/expect.

GP wants the club to do well - worked harder and did more for this club than you ever will. You, on the other hand, dont want Brighton to do well. Why? Simple - you would be wrong. Would your ego be able to handle that or would you just grab the bottle? I know the answer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
GP wants the club to do well - worked harder and did more for this club than you ever will. You, on the other hand, dont want Brighton to do well. Why? Simple - you would be wrong. Would your ego be able to handle that or would you just grab the bottle? I know the answer.
Many of us have done way more than you will ever know to keep the club in existence back in the dark days. Your totally out of f.ucking order calling out and BHA fans f.ucking Swedish prick.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A Coach spends more time listening and asking questions, while a Manager spends more time speaking and giving directions.

A Coach uncovers issues to get the the root of a problem, while a Manager takes the quickest route to deal with the surface symptoms.

Which one is Potter?

Perhaps we need a Satnav to run our team :wozza:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
GP wants the club to do well - worked harder and did more for this club than you ever will.

Swansman, comments like those are going to leave you skating on very thin ice with many posters. An awful lot of fans did more for the club between the mid nineties and 2011 than any other manager possibly could now. That's not a slight on GP, just a statement of fact that the fans sacrificed more than newer generations of fans will know keeping the Albion alive.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes, you should only judge a fans credential based on their join date on an internet message board. I could show match programs from Liam Brady’s era. But instead a
NSC join date means more.

Completely logical. Oh and Porter out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Many of us have done way more than you will ever know to keep the club in existence back in the dark days. Your totally out of f.ucking order calling out and BHA fans f.ucking Swedish prick.

See why this nastiness from some of the Potter out clan? I know you’re not all like this, but this guy does you no favours.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A Coach spends more time listening and asking questions, while a Manager spends more time speaking and giving directions.

A Coach uncovers issues to get the the root of a problem, while a Manager takes the quickest route to deal with the surface symptoms.

Which one is Potter?

Perhaps we need a Satnav to run our team :wozza:

Touché, it could use trilateration to locate the two goals, what's not to like, home wins galore..:rolleyes:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Touché, it could use trilateration to locate the two goals, what's not to like, home wins galore..:rolleyes:

Could set up:
Speed cameras for Lamptey and Gross.
Alternate diversionary routes for Ali J, for when gets lost during a game.
Share location between GK and CB.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I posted after the Wolves games that he has lost the dressing room. This information came from an ex player who very much speaks to a number of the current first team players. Aside from this I think it is pretty clear that he is out of his depth, while the last 18 months have shown a nice change in approach to games the results have been very poor.

We are in a slump. We have been in slumps before. The only thing that got us out of the last slump was project restart. I cannot see Potter getting us out of this current slump. Why? Because he just does't seem to have it in him and from what I hear the players don't respect him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I posted after the Wolves games that he has lost the dressing room. This information came from an ex player who very much speaks to a number of the current first team players. Aside from this I think it is pretty clear that he is out of his depth, while the last 18 months have shown a nice change in approach to games the results have been very poor.

We are in a slump. We have been in slumps before. The only thing that got us out of the last slump was project restart. I cannot see Potter getting us out of this current slump. Why? Because he just does't seem to have it in him and from what I hear the players don't respect him.

Not sure GP has the nous to halt the slump. Against Newport he looked lost when the camera panned to him.
Makes you wonder if he was the manager who offered to resign as reported in the Sunday tabloids hence the emergency board meeting just b4 Christmas

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hi

I just got this great idea: we should discuss if Graham Potter is good enough or not good enough.

There might be one or forty three other threads on this subject but that didnt stop anyone before.

Personally I think he is good. What do you think? I'm very interested in your definitely not watery opinions on this definitely not watered down subject.

You are not an Albion fan though. You're a Potter fan. As a result, you don't have the clubs best interests at heart.

I think we should have a debate around whether Swansman is a good poster or not.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This. Fair play to GP for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, career-wise. It's pure Emperor's New Clothes. There's literally nothing on his CV that makes him remotely suitable to manage an EPL club. But fair play to the boy for landing the one job - and inevitable payoff - that will provide him and his family with financial security for the rest of their lives :clap2:

Sort of Like Joe Dolce , Chumbawamba or the Knack

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

and have the brass neck to bitch about any long term board member who doesn’t agree with their ‘ideology’ to quote Swan.

on and on and on ......

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I'm more interested in how someone can support a manager specifically, regardless of whether or not he moves between clubs. What will you do when Potter retires? Find someone else to weirdly obsess about?

It's really, really weird, isn't it?

I've never really understood the whole supporting an individual in a team sport; it just doesn't make sense. Furthermore, if Potter were to resign - you'd wonder how Swansman would react, I can only imagine he'd collapse under the weight of his own false sense of moral superiority.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

I wonder who will go first the players who aren't playing for the badge or the manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here