Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maybe our tickets are a little expensive

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Students who are just settling into their new lives at university can take advantage of a special student offer when Brighton & Hove Albion host Sheffield Wednesday next Tuesday evening (1st October), with tickets costing just £15.

The American Express Community Stadium, which is just across the road from the University of Sussex and adjacent to the University of Brighton’s Falmer campus, is home to the Seagulls and this exclusive offer gives current students a perfect chance to familiarise themselves with the region’s most successful football team.

Last season Albion produced one of their best displays of the campaign to beat the Owls 3-0 underneath the lights – and Oscar Garcia will be hoping for a repeat as he looks to extend his excellent run at the Amex. The Albion are now unbeaten in six games and last weekend defeated Bolton Wanderers in a stunning 3-1 victory.

Tickets for this game are available to students for just £15, and this ticket package will include a drink (lager or soft drink) when you enter your own student concourse for the game, in the north-west corner of the ground.

To claim your £15 ticket package visit the Amex Stadium ticket office, or call the ticketline on 0844 327 1901 (choose option 5). Please note that you will require student identification when you purchase the ticket and arrive at the stadium.

Opening hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, and non-matchday Saturdays 10am-3pm.

http://sqmagazine.co.uk/2013/09/brighton-hove-albion-launch-student-ticket-offer-for-next-home-game/

Erm I am still a NUS member through the OU...could I have bought a ticket for 15 quid?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ours are from £32 plus booking fee for the likes of Leicester city.

Don't get me wrong. My season ticket is amazing value, especially with the transport thrown in. But so far this season for any game we have failed to shift more than 3000 (and sometimes much less) than the 7000 seats we have available on a match by match basis.

To attract a new fan who sees premier league against Liverpool for a fiver less than championship against Leicester you can see why we are struggling to shift some seats

You're spot on, although some on here will still go against the obvious to try prove their wealth. We were correct, those of us who said match by match was over priced - the poor ticket sales have proven that...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here's my experience: took a guest to Bolton game. Me and a mate are north stand STH but decided wiser to take guest to east stand given age (we e at the back so would need to stand). So asked club to transfer us and 1 more ticket for east.

£12 to transfer 2 STHs - no issue there really
£37.50 for 1 ticket in east down by corner flag. And had to collect.

Had a great time, guest enjoyed but I was a bit surprised at the cost of a single ticket for a 2nd tier football match.

Here's my experience: took a guest to Bolton game. Me and a mate are north stand STH but decided wiser to take guest to east stand given age (we e at the back so would need to stand). So asked club to transfer us and 1 more ticket for east.

£12 to transfer 2 STHs - no issue there really
£37.50 for 1 ticket in east down by corner flag. And had to collect.

Had a great time, guest enjoyed but I was a bit surprised at the cost of a single ticket for a 2nd tier football match.

So it cost you £50 to introduce someone new to the Amex - Surely the club can see how this is wrong?

It might be too late this season for the club to change their pricing but making the southerly block in the east stand a youth/student pricing could help as this is the last area to sell out. If under 21's (maybe under 25's in full time education) could buy a ticket here for a seniors price, we would have a few more seats full.

I also think the club could abolish booking fees. They could make a song and dance about it and probably attract some publicity.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
King cole, yes basically! As you can tell they won't be coming back for a while longer. And it took 15 mins before answered my call - I was first in the queue all that time!!

Painful and costly experience. Good job boys pulled it around in the 2nd half, guest was distinctly unimpressed at value for money at half time!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I just paid £20 to stand at Yeovil, so I think the price for my season ticket in the north is good value.

TB

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Comparisons with premier league pricing structures should be considered with the fact that, due to the level of tv income they receive, they can afford to subsidise ticket prices.

I just paid £20 to stand at Yeovil, so I think the price for my season ticket in the north is good value.

TB

I think there is universal agreement that our season tickets are excellent value.

It's the examples listed above for match by match sales that are too expensive.

Not many new fans buy a season ticket for their first game, and when the cheapest one is £32 we might find it a struggle to get some new faces in to fill some of the 7000 seats we have available for match by match sales.

The example of Portlock Seagull who had to spend £50 to introduce a new person to the Amex is a disgrace.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It says 'from' £27. Bet those'll be the cheap seats at the back of the lower tier of the Anfield road stand, where the upper tier overhangs to such an extent that you can't see the goal at the Kop end.

Er, never mind the stand restricting the view...as they will have amazing eyesight sitting in Anfield and watching the game....which is in Sunderland!!! :)

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
My ticket for Arsenal vs Norwich in the Clock end lower tier is £25.50 (Although the norm for me is around £33-36), my ticket for Brighton vs Leicester in the WSL is £39....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It may be relatively inexpensive...but you'd have to go and watch Liverpool.

I don't like Liverpool. They've got a peculiar inflated sense of purpose.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It may be relatively inexpensive...but you'd have to go and watch Liverpool.

I don't like Liverpool. They've got a peculiar inflated sense of purpose.

Picky!! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here