Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] May I be the first to congratulate Citeh on retaining the title.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As long as they have Ferran Soriano, Txiki Begiristain & Pep Guardiola, they are going to be the favorites each year and also win most titles (though I think the difficulty of the PL will prevent any team from winning 8 or 9 in a row like in some countries).

+ £££££££

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As long as they have Ferran Soriano, Txiki Begiristain & Pep Guardiola, they are going to be the favorites each year and also win most titles (though I think the difficulty of the PL will prevent any team from winning 8 or 9 in a row like in some countries).
So if they took over Norwich then Norwich would win the title?!

Let's face it man city would win the title with Steve Bruce as manager

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As long as they have practically unlimited money to spend, they are going to be the favourites each year and also win most titles (though I think the difficulty of the PL will prevent any team from winning 8 or 9 in a row like in some countries).

That's better

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably its quite difficult as a supporter of a team like that - the constant remainders that you have very little part of the success of your team. With the resources and qualities of the club, they would probably win most titles even with an empty stadium.

Possibly, there must also be a sneaking realisation that they know deep down almost anyone over the age of about 20 still sees the red side of Manchester as being the bigger club.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So if they took over Norwich then Norwich would win the title?!

Let's face it man city would win the title with Steve Bruce as manager

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know, but I'd like to see it! :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Losing Aguero is going to be difficult to cope with, if they can get the best out of Jesus they could walk it otherwise it could be a 4 horse race. Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd & Chelsea all have a decent 11 or even 15 but injuries and stubborn tactics from the opposition could scupper some of them in their quest. I think it could be a very tight season unless someone invests heavily in a world class centre forward to sway the advantage

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Liverpool will be much closer, I think they suffered more than others without the Kop behind them

Thats why West Ham had a great season, cos they are used to playing in a morgue

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would imagine the Sports Washers are in emergency in-house talks …. can we sign both Kane and Messi?

UEFA FFP and EPL Sustainability Rules were temporarily parked, only so that clubs across Europe didn’t go under due to lockdowns.

Exploited by Mansour/Guardiola …. taking the piss.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Possibly, there must also be a sneaking realisation that they know deep down almost anyone over the age of about 20 still sees the red side of Manchester as being the bigger club.

I've got a good mate who has been a City fan since being a small boy in the 60s. He's pretty quiet about supporting them these days though, and I know finds it difficult to reconcile the club he supported with what the club is now. There's a bit of excitement lost in recent years and an undercurrent of worry about ending up like Chelsea when Pep goes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Losing Aguero is going to be difficult to cope with, if they can get the best out of Jesus they could walk it otherwise it could be a 4 horse race. Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd & Chelsea all have a decent 11 or even 15 but injuries and stubborn tactics from the opposition could scupper some of them in their quest. I think it could be a very tight season unless someone invests heavily in a world class centre forward to sway the advantage

Imagine Pep is on the phone to Lionel at the moment convincing him to come and prove he can do it on a cold Tuesday night away at Burnley

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The thing I find funny is they're by far the richest club on earth, should be expected to win any competition they enter and have some of the best players in the world coached by the best manager, but you know their fans are still massively bitter about anyone and anything.
That's because deep down they know they are winning a tainted prize in a hollow competition by largely cheating within a flawed system.

They are apparently still locked in a legal battle over their alleged creative accountancy.

It wasn't so long ago that they were prepared to sell the rest of the Premier League down the river for their own gains.

A little while before that they tried to restructure football so the odds were stacked in their favour even more.

They are still trying to make sure that Newcastle don't get taken over so they don't have another such cough as competition.

No amount of glitter and shine can really cover these fact.

They were one a hugely loved and respected club.

What do they really have to be proud of?

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's because deep down they know they are winning a tainted prize in a hollow competition by largely cheating within a flawed system.

They are apparently still locked in a legal battle over their alleged creative accountancy.

It wasn't so long ago that they were prepared to sell the rest of the Premier League down the river for their own gains.

A little while before that they tried to restructure football so the odds were stacked in their favour even more.

They are still trying to make sure that Newcastle don't get taken over so they don't have another such cough as competition.

No amount of glitter and shine can really cover these fact.

They were one a hugely loved and respected club.

What do they really have to be proud of?

Unfortunately Citeh won that legal battle, they got away with it and are now emboldened to do exactly as they please financially.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Unfortunately Citeh won that legal battle, they got away with it and are now emboldened to do exactly as they please financially.
Did they, when was this? I was listening to that excellent pod cast about boring stuff that should be boring but isn't, only a few weeks ago and they were talking about it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Despite all the money, they still manage to find ways to come up short in the Champions League.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did they, when was this? I was listening to that excellent pod cast about boring stuff that should be boring but isn't, only a few weeks ago and they were talking about it.

July 2020 - CAS overturned UEFA’s ruling and CL ban, stemming from Citeh’s revealing emails of the cheating Project Longbow scheme which had been uncovered by a German publication. CAS ruled that two illegal payments were “time barred”. Broadsheets called it Citeh’s greatest ever victory.

I see what you mean, the EPL haven’t given up.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/20/court-ruling-shows-premier-league-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp
I’d be stunned if anything meaningful came from this i.e. punishments in effect costing them some future success or banning them from buying in a summer window. They have very deep pockets to pay very expensive lawyers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here