Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] May I be the first to congratulate Citeh on retaining the title.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
July 2020 - CAS overturned UEFA’s ruling and CL ban, stemming from Citeh’s revealing emails of the cheating Project Longbow scheme which had been uncovered by a German publication. CAS ruled that two illegal payments were “time barred”. Broadsheets called it Citeh’s greatest ever victory.

I see what you mean, the EPL haven’t given up.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/20/court-ruling-shows-premier-league-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp
I’d be stunned if anything meaningful came from this i.e. punishments in effect costing them some future success or banning them from buying in a summer window. They have very deep pockets to pay very expensive lawyers.

Totally agree, must be hard for their fans to complete the mental gymnastic required to continue to be proud of a team that behave like this.

I find that all this stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth, we are part of it too I know. I just can't help feeling that there is a better way to run a competition.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Who’s achievement would be greater, Citeh being champions by Easter, or Brentford actually staying in the division ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would argue Chelsea have taken the advantage having just signed Lukaku, Chelsea's biggest weakness is at the back but their formation helps them keep a huge number of clean sheets. The biggest question for me is if Liverpool will make it into the top 4

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would argue Chelsea have taken the advantage having just signed Lukaku, Chelsea's biggest weakness is at the back but their formation helps them keep a huge number of clean sheets. The biggest question for me is if Liverpool will make it into the top 4

I think it will be a shootout between Citeh and Chelsea. Man Utd will be some way off in third because Solskjaer is not a top manager, but they have a top squad. Conversely, Liverpool have a thin squad but Klopp IS a top manager and I think he will find a way to sneak 4th ahead of Leicester, with Arsenal and Spurs slugging it out for 6th.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it will be a shootout between Citeh and Chelsea. Man Utd will be some way off in third because Solskjaer is not a top manager, but they have a top squad. Conversely, Liverpool have a thin squad but Klopp IS a top manager and I think he will find a way to sneak 4th ahead of Leicester, with Arsenal and Spurs slugging it out for 6th.

This.

Sterling, De Bruyne, B.Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan, Dias, Walker, Ederson, Fernandinho etc are simply winners, Grealish and Kane (if they get him) are highly effective, proven EPL operators.

Lukaku is a vast improvement over Abraham and Werner.

Solskjaer is light years behind the best coaches, their vast spending on superior players makes them favourites in most EPL contests.

Then the rest in a shoot out for 4th. Arsenal and Spuds always a million miles away from being the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here