[Politics] May 2021 local elections and Hartlepool by-election

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]1390739509768335360[/tweet]

That reminds me of the woman who said, in a voxpop, she couldn't vote for Corbyn because he wanted to do away with food banks, and 'I need my foodbank'.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The never-ending myopic struggle for control of the Labour Party, the obsession, it only benefits all the other parties especially the Tories and SNP.

It’s a miracle when looking back that Blair, Campbell, Mandelson et al, managed to contain it for such a sustained period.

We need to have a good opposition and for decades it's been ideological idiots who want to blame everyone else but never look inwards. People like Corbyn are blinded by their ideals and have no check of any reality whatsoever. Its sad we need sensible alternatives.

There's too many on here who deride the government but fail totally in giving a sensible workable alternative

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
At COVID press conferences, her questions related to the Downing Street refurbishment. The same story over the last 14 months, Kuenssssberg, plus Beth Rigby and Sam Coates of Sky targeting their questions relentlessly to non COVID matters. Attempting to set a narrative, rather than reporting and leaving their corruption investigative journalism to other moments. Rinse and repeat at each COVID press conference.

Well, that narrative, failed to influence the great British public. Tory success at the ballot box and Kuensssssberg reporting tonight on the crisis within the Labour Party.

Will Labour ever be electable? On the one hand today Abbott and McCluskey wanting a shift to the left, whilst Mandelson, Milburn and Adonis want something totally different.

And yet she wrote a news story about Johnson’s relationship with the truth and never once called him out as a liar. She also questioned whether it was in the public interest to know about Tory corruption. But yeah, she asked him a softball question about his flat. That’s really sticking it to him… :ohmy:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
[tweet]1390739509768335360[/tweet]

That reminds me of the woman who said, in a voxpop, she couldn't vote for Corbyn because he wanted to do away with food banks, and 'I need my foodbank'.

Unfortunately you really couldn’t make it up :facepalm:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I never comment on these threads ,but today i have too . A place like Hartlepool turning blue has really shocked me ,as other seats in the NE at the last election . Never take your working class vote for granted .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet she wrote a news story about Johnson’s relationship with the truth and never once called him out as a liar. She also questioned whether it was in the public interest to know about Tory corruption. But yeah, she asked him a softball question about his flat. That’s really sticking it to him… :ohmy:

What a long time a week in politics is.

This time last week - Boris’s relationships with women, Dyson’s PAYE discussion if he’d brought staff to the UK as an emergency, the flat refurbishment and Cummings releasing stories to his paper of choice.

We were all set for Tory mid-term failure at council elections throughout England, the SNP gaining an overall majority at Holyrood and Labour losing but making a tight fist of it in Hartlepool.

A week later, even Kuenssssberg and Sky asking just one question .... where do the Labour Party go to from this malaise?

James O’Brien has picked up on the left of the Labour Party and their new social media army being rather pleased with the Hartlepool loss:

“The fact that many people on the ‘left’ seem to be celebrating the Hartlepool result as enthusiastically as the Tories is another major problem that Starmer didn’t cause but somehow has to fix.”

Nope, he is trying to save your party. Unfortunately it’s probably too late
I thank you for your well-meaning advice, today has hastened the time we'll be back to embarrass yours again as in 2017

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What a long time a week in politics is.

This time last week - Boris’s relationships with women, Dyson’s PAYE discussion if he’d brought staff to the UK as an emergency, the flat refurbishment and Cummings releasing stories to his paper of choice.

We were all set for Tory mid-term failure at council elections throughout England, the SNP gaining an overall majority at Holyrood and Labour losing but making a tight fist of it in Hartlepool.

A week later, even Kuenssssberg and Sky asking just one question .... where do the Labour Party go to from this malaise?

James O’Brien has picked up on the left of the Labour Party and their new social media army being rather pleased with the Hartlepool loss:

“The fact that many people on the ‘left’ seem to be celebrating the Hartlepool result as enthusiastically as the Tories is another major problem that Starmer didn’t cause but somehow has to fix.”

Apparently rampant government corruption and letting the “bodies pile high” wasn’t a deal breaker for some people :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Apparently rampant government corruption and letting the “bodies pile high” wasn’t a deal breaker for some people :shrug:
Year 11 of opposition and still blaming the electorate/media anything but having a long hard look in the mirror [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Year 11 of opposition and still blaming the electorate/media anything but having a long hard look in the mirror [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You get what you vote for for. And apparently you are content with corruption from the very top and one of the worst COVID responses in the world.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A funny little blip in Kent. Labour won, but it seems the Greens picked up some of the old UKIP vote.

[tweet]1390732314670469122[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports