Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maupay

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine this morning? With this "mission" you say we appear to be on, other than getting £50m for BW and AC's latest hair style what evidence do you have for this doom mongering?
Maupay’s injury last week the bench had very little in attacking options and can you honestly see that changing before Tuesday? The £50m covers losses, I would be surprised if it went on attacking talent considering we seem to be struggling to get the Spanish wing back lad through the door.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Maupay’s injury last week the bench had very little in attacking options and can you honestly see that changing before Tuesday? The £50m covers losses, I would be surprised if it went on attacking talent considering we seem to be struggling to get the Spanish wing back lad through the door.

I'm sure not many would argue that we have strengthened significantly in this window with just Mwepu added to the first team so far, but that is a very different thing to a "mission to actively weaken the squad". These aren't the Archer days of asset stripping nor is any first teamer transfer listed. Bissouma isn't on Ebay, Barber isn't walking the streets of London with Maupay in tow singing "Boy for Sale". We just haven't bought the couple of players that we hoped to have yet, but cheer up, as a wise person recently said; "The window hasn’t closed yet."

Jimmy Grimble

Nothing would surprise me in this window, we seem to be on a mission to actively weaken the squad.

What a bizarre post.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Even if we could double our money , I can see no realistic scenario where selling Maupay in this window is a good idea.
He will stay.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well it is weaker than last season :shrug: maybe actively was a bit tongue in cheek still think we need 2-3 in by Tuesday.

Is it weaker than last season?
There’s an argument for saying that even without White the defence is not demonstrably weaker.
Midfield is much as it was in terms of skill and balance.
Regrettably the same is true of the front line.
There’s an argument that trimming squad numbers reinforces efficiency.

Really not sure we are any weaker

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
IF Everton are actually interested, they might have a bit of money to spend as Richarlison is being touted as a replacement for Mbappe at PSG, and Moise Kean might replace Ronaldo at Juve...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well it is weaker than last season :shrug: maybe actively was a bit tongue in cheek still think we need 2-3 in by Tuesday.

We are in the new world of Potterball, you have to think more Wenger in Potters ability to improve and develop young players.

We have 10 players out on loan all set up for possible 1st team action next season, Ositgard, Mitoma, Van Hecke to name a few. From this and last years transfer windows we have the following who must be knocking on the door (plus Richards £2.5 million and Roberts club developed, now making the bench)

Karbownik (about £5 million)

Caicedo (About £4.5 million)

Zequiri (About £4 million)

Scherpen (About £4.5 million)

Sarmiento 19 possibly the most exciting of them all from Benfica, he has chosen us because of the pathway to first team football, cannot find anything to indicate the price we may have paid for him.

I think Potterball and the club is not about big (panic) buys, if a better player becomes available at the right price and they fit the plan all the better, but we are about building, developing players and making a profit to pay for that system.

So looking in any signing is a bonus but may even stop one of the younger development players getting into the match day squad

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wouldn’t and neither will Tony.

My guess :
Maupay stays
Bissouma stays (new contract)
Cucurella arrives
Nuñez……..:shrug::shrug:

I'd agree with that.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Real Madrids 180m bid for Mbappe accepted and now looks increasingly likely PSG will move for Richarlison, the domino effect being Everton having money to spend and identifying Maupay as their number one target. Wouldn't accept anything less than the fee we got off Arsenal for White. :nono:

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Real Madrids 180m bid for Benzema accepted and now looks increasingly likely PSG will move for Richarlison, the domino effect being Everton having money to spend and identifying Maupay as their number one target. Wouldn't accept anything less than the fee we got off Arsenal for White. :nono:

Sounds like a bit of questionable business.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are in the new world of Potterball, you have to think more Wenger in Potters ability to improve and develop young players.

We have 10 players out on loan all set up for possible 1st team action next season, Ositgard, Mitoma, Van Hecke to name a few. From this and last years transfer windows we have the following who must be knocking on the door (plus Richards £2.5 million and Roberts club developed, now making the bench)

Karbownik (about £5 million)

Caicedo (About £4.5 million)

Zequiri (About £4 million)

Scherpen (About £4.5 million)

Sarmiento 19 possibly the most exciting of them all from Benfica, he has chosen us because of the pathway to first team football, cannot find anything to indicate the price we may have paid for him.

I think Potterball and the club is not about big (panic) buys, if a better player becomes available at the right price and they fit the plan all the better, but we are about building, developing players and making a profit to pay for that system.

So looking in any signing is a bonus but may even stop one of the younger development players getting into the match day squad

Where is Sarmiento? He keeps being mentioned in posts but not in match day squads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here