Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay Dropped

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Assuming it’s true, I’m sure a few of the posters at the start of the thread will seek me out for an apology....

Nah doubt it :lol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You don’t find it odd to drop the club top scorer, who by all accounts is fully fit from the SQUAD?

Ok...

No, not really, when you have just signed two other forwards

I suspect he will be back on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It had to be something like this disciplinary issue. No way GP just drops him from the 18 given how little game time Welbeck has had. I think it shows Potter in a breed light that he maintained a dignified line rather than creating any drama.

Would love to see a reaction from Maupay against Burnley.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah it’s obviously a discipline issue. I’m sure he’ll learn from it, it’s no big deal really as long as they can bury the hatchet. Maupay seems the type who could rub people up the wrong way fairly easily :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
French player with an ego / attitude problem? Well I never.

To be fair, Connolly is a bit billy big bollocks from what I hear, so I am not surprised if he has had the same thing

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
So putting 2 + 2 = 5 I wonder if Maupay's spat with a team mate was with Ryan as he was also dropped for tactical/knackered reasons.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Assuming it’s true, I’m sure a few of the posters at the start of the thread will seek me out for an apology....

Nah doubt it :lol:

I was with you on this, deeply suspicious when he wasn't even on the bench and his body language in WBA. Maybe a test of egos but the club has lost short term on this I wonder if him and Connolly have said something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So putting 2 + 2 = 5 I wonder if Maupay's spat with a team mate was with Ryan as he was also dropped for tactical/knackered reasons.

I actually wondered this last night. Just seems very odd that these ‘restings’ happened all at once. Only Chailey Jem believes all the club tell us :lol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really hope that’s it. But they have just had a nice 2 week break... maybe it’s a kick up the arse thing but Maupay was quality against West Brom apart from that finish he hit the keepers leg on. His hold up play was immense.

Couldn't disagree more on this. I'm a fan of Maupay, but he played poorly against West Brom, in particular his hold up play. Second half and the ball just wouldn't stick up top, and that was first and foremost Maupay's doing.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it is Maupay v Connolly we'll find out soon enough, the celebration when one scores will give it away...

.... Oh bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here