In order of liklihood

1 - Injury
2 - resting for friday
3 - covid
4 - dressing room bust up
5 - tactical

Whatever, we'll be told it's a minor knock and he'll be back soon

You missed one:

6 - disciplinary. I reckon he might have done something daft eg broke covid rules, and he was left out for disciplinary reasons, but the club is keeping it in-house and saying its tactical. We'll see him Friday.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• 72E261B3-9881-4846-A64F-0BB334E20364.jpeg
    72E261B3-9881-4846-A64F-0BB334E20364.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 398

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Perhaps Maupay just needed to learn that there are consequences if you keep missing chances. And if Potter's psychology is as good as we've been told, NM will be busting to prove himself against Burnley on Friday if selected.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Perhaps Maupay just needed to learn that there are consequences if you keep missing chances. And if Potter's psychology is as good as we've been told, NM will be busting to prove himself against Burnley on Friday if selected.

Connolly would have played if that was the case. I'm perhaps more interested why he wasn't in the squad either. I think they've been two naughty boys and the club has put them in the sin bin for a week.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You missed one:

6 - disciplinary. I reckon he might have done something daft eg broke covid rules, and he was left out for disciplinary reasons, but the club is keeping it in-house and saying its tactical. We'll see him Friday.

If he broke CV-19 rules, we won’t necessarily see him Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Connolly would have played if that was the case. I'm perhaps more interested why he wasn't in the squad either. I think they've been two naughty boys and the club has put them in the sin bin for a week.

This . . .or he got criticised for WBA performance and threw his toys out of the pram . . . .

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don't get the mystery?

He's been crap for a couple of games and so he gets dropped. No conspiracy.

We now have enough alternatives to leave him out and give him a kick up the arse.

Good management.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I’m pretty sure that the club don’t comment on players who test positive.

I don't know what the rules are, so this is speculation but I would assume the club have to report positve covid tests. Maybe not naming the individuals involved, but at least that they've had cases. I would actually think given the current situation it would actually be pretty reckless not to report it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't get the mystery?

He's been crap for a couple of games and so he gets dropped. No conspiracy.

We now have enough alternatives to leave him out and give him a kick up the arse.

Good management.

This, all day long. Pleased Potter is prepared to make such decisions and that no-one is above being dropped.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The argus has apiece where GP explains his team selection https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18838691.graham-potter-explains-team-selection-tottenham/

which I can't read because I've used up my 20 free articles and I'm too much of a tight arse to lash out two quid

Apparently Ryan dropped as he has played a lot of football over the last three years.

It’s a breather for Maty, who has played a lot of football over the last two or three years and I’m looking forward to seeing Rob.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
To finish the game with Burn up front is baffling.

Also - on Monday we were told an hour from Lallana at home to WBA was pre-planned. So how come he's suddenly available to do 90 away at Spurs when we have a massive home game on Friday evening?

Very odd.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The argus has apiece where GP explains his team selection https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18838691.graham-potter-explains-team-selection-tottenham/

which I can't read because I've used up my 20 free articles and I'm too much of a tight arse to lash out two quid

It doesn't explain it at all. It's a lazy journalist typing out the pre game interview everyone who did PPV or managed to hook into the Sky coverage heard, word for word. Doesn't mention Maupay in any way - in fact dodges the question. Again, if it was Covid related that would have been the point at which he could have said so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here