Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay/Connolly - our best striker "gelled" pairing since....????

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quite a few times in the first half they were trying to occupy the same space ...inexperience? Still think a little man big man partnership has something to offer
Interesting that Biss was stripped and ready to come on and the management team had a sudden change of heart in Murray’s favour

I thought they sent him on to take the penalty!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nelson and Bremner?

Robinson and Smith?

Wallace and Gromit?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised we didn't sign Leroy Lita and Jon Obika. Now that would of been a partnership.

Cracking parody post. Top work. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All joking aside... in my lifetime:

Spider & Wardy
Bremner & Nelson
Murray & Barnes

Indeed.

In the 70s we had no double act till Ward and Mellor. Dawson (still alive, aged 79), Irvine (still alive, aged 76) and Binney (still alive, aged 73) were Keegans without a Toshack.

Before my time, and the only rivals to Barnes and Murray were Adrian Thorne plus one whose name escapes me. Thorne is still alive and 82 according to wiki! Amazeballs.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Nelson and Bremner and Small and Byrne partnerships were pretty effective for the time they played together. Ward and Mellor was my favourite in my time of supporting the Albion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Indeed.

In the 70s we had no double act till Ward and Mellor. Dawson (still alive, aged 79), Irvine (still alive, aged 76) and Binney (still alive, aged 73) were Keegans without a Toshack.

Before my time, and the only rivals to Barnes and Murray were Adrian Thorne plus one whose name escapes me. Thorne is still alive and 82 according to wiki! Amazeballs.

John Shepherd who passed away a couple of years ago was top scorer in the 1958 promotion season. 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
John Shepherd who passed away a couple of years ago was top scorer in the 1958 promotion season. 👍

Thanks for that. RIP.

We have some way to go before we have the endless list of striker legends of the likes of Liverpool, but we are on that road, and we stand with ours. Sad I'd forgotten the name. We have had two players on 20 plus goals in the same season only twice. Sad we forget. Sad one of them, Mr Barnes is still marmite.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Didn’t we get the penalty whilst Bissouma was getting ready to come on? I guess once the penalty was possible a change of tactics from chasing the game to trying to win it? Makes sense to me anyway :shrug:
More likely Connelly was really injured by that challenge and they switched subs.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I don’t think Noges had any decent partners - he was playing with the likes of Kennedy!

He did when we signed Paul Dickov on loan. A major upgrade from the likes of Kennedy, Funnell & Edwards.

Zamora & Lee Steele were very good together when we played a spell of 4-4-2 under Peter Taylor. It wasn’t for long though maybe 6 games before reverting back to a 5 man midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here