Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay charged by FA

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This isn't retrospective, it's under E3 foul and abusive language toward officials and any player sent off for it would be subject to the same charge. You can view the list of various charges here: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance

I don't know what happened with Guendouzi last year, you'd have to see the refs report because if he saw it and acted, then there wouldn't be retrospective action. But as said, Maupay's isn't retrospective, Moss red carded him and this is the resulting charge for what he got red carded for.

No, the FA charge is in addition to the red card.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19293627.neal-maupay-charged-misconduct-fa/

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just one outside of the top 6. We need other players to score goals, instead of expecting Maupay to do it all.

[tweet]1391696039674105857[/tweet]

There's a reason why West Ham and Leicester are as high in the table, as they are.

Yes, half their first teams are on that list. Above our 'top scorer'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I know, the red card was given under rule E3 'Improper Conduct Toward an Official' so automatically triggers an E3 charge. Any player getting sent off under E3 would face the same charge, it's not retrospective.

This is what Brian Owen wrote

The Albion striker was suspended for two games after he was shown a red card by referee Jonathan Moss at Wolves on Sunday.

That ban could now be extended.

Maupay was sent off for dissent after approaching Moss and his colleagues at full-time.

The charge relates to what happened after the red card was shown.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, half their first teams are on that list. Above our 'top scorer'

Which is my whole point. Trossard, Welbeck, Lallana Gross etc should all be scoring and not leaving it all on Maupay's shoulders.
Just think if we had three players with 8 or 9 goals.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This isn't retrospective, it's under E3 foul and abusive language toward officials and any player sent off for it would be subject to the same charge. You can view the list of various charges here: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance

I don't know what happened with Guendouzi last year, you'd have to see the refs report because if he saw it and acted, then there wouldn't be retrospective action. But as said, Maupay's isn't retrospective, Moss red carded him and this is the resulting charge for what he got red carded for.

I acknowledge that I am using the word retrospective incorrectly here. Thanks for pointing that out.

I believe my point that little old Brighton are still more likely to be on the wrong end of these sort of decisions (either in game, or post-match) than many other clubs.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
This is what Brian Owen wrote

The Albion striker was suspended for two games after he was shown a red card by referee Jonathan Moss at Wolves on Sunday.

That ban could now be extended.

Maupay was sent off for dissent after approaching Moss and his colleagues at full-time.

The charge relates to what happened after the red card was shown.

I'm not certain, but I think Brian Owen has that wrong. I think the red card would trigger a hearing under E3 anyway.

The previous example I can find is when Moss sent Dean Smith into the stand against ManCity. Smith faced the same E3 charge despite not saying anything to the ref (Jon Moss AGAIN!) after the red.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa/dean-smith-referee-red-card-charged-b1790903.html

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which is my whole point. Trossard, Welbeck, Lallana Gross etc should all be scoring and not leaving it all on Maupay's shoulders.
Just think if we had three players with 8 or 9 goals.

Agreed, Maupay should at the very very least be into double figures as effectively a sole striker.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I acknowledge that I am using the word retrospective incorrectly here. Thanks for pointing that out.

I believe my point that little old Brighton are still more likely to be on the wrong end of these sort of decisions (either in game, or post-match) than many other clubs.

Completely agree with you on that. The pen that was chalked off against Connolly, then the Maguire on Welbeck not being given, not to mention the ridiculous overtime and after FT pen is evidence enough just against MU this season!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not certain, but I think Brian Owen has that wrong. I think the red card would trigger a hearing under E3 anyway.

The previous example I can find is when Moss sent Dean Smith into the stand against ManCity. Smith faced the same E3 charge despite not saying anything to the ref (Jon Moss AGAIN!) after the red.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa/dean-smith-referee-red-card-charged-b1790903.html

Why would Maupay be required to attend a hearing on Thursday if it is just for the swearing and red card?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Why would Maupay be required to attend a hearing on Thursday if it is just for the swearing and red card?

E3 is to do with abusing the officials. The FA have taken this rule on it for sometime. A red card under E3, like I said I believe triggers a hearing to explain why you were abusing the officials.

We can only guess what was said after he was shown red card. Using foul language happens every game many times over. Remember Pickford calling lino ****ing blind at an offside earlier this season heard clearly and sky usual apology for bad language......that's just usual every game so Maupay may of called the ref a useless/corrupt/incompetent **** or words to that effect? Again, no excuse especially when players know they'll be in trouble for it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We can only guess what was said after he was shown red card. Using foul language happens every game many times over. Remember Pickford calling lino ****ing blind at an offside earlier this season heard clearly and sky usual apology for bad language......that's just usual every game so Maupay may of called the ref a useless/corrupt/incompetent **** or words to that effect? Again, no excuse especially when players know they'll be in trouble for it

we've been shafted 3 or 4 times this season so ****em .....bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here