Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay £40m.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We would have to have an experienced replacement lined up for much less to even entertain the conversation. We cannot afford to let him go at this point

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Surely I'm not the only one who would drive him there myself for £40m?

Drive him there. I’d strap him to my back and carry him there. Who does he think he is shooting from any angle near the oppositions box? Marco Van Basten.

*places tongue very firmly in cheek

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like this plan, let’s just play four wingers... maverick. Or, even better, recall the mighty Big Jurgs to lead us to glory.

We’ve got 40 million problems, but scorin’ goals ain’t one.

Except that it is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What possible reason have we got to ruin Napoli's season?

Sure I understand why we'd want to help Newcastle or Villa into relegation, but what have Napoli done to us?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I like this plan, let’s just play four wingers... maverick. Or, even better, recall the mighty Big Jurgs to lead us to glory.

We’ve got 40 million problems, but scorin’ goals ain’t one.

Except that it is.

The transfer windows opens and all the football reporters think it’s open season to write b0ll0cks. Very lazy journalism and they get paid to write this rubbish.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Maupay wont be going anywhere in January. Summer yes and would def take £40M. I can see Maupay def going by July.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£40m in and then play the 4-6-0 formation for the rest of the season.

The ultimate Potterball formation as we keep the ball for 90 mins (albeit entirely in our half) each game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maupay wont be going anywhere in January. Summer yes and would def take £40M. I can see Maupay def going by July.

If I was remotely convinced we could replace with the same quality then i'd agree.

Remember, we're having enough problems finding 1 striker of sufficient quality, finding 2, or 3 is quite an ask

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely I'm not the only one who would drive him there myself for £40m?

He’s not worth £40mil but he’s been a good player and easily our top scorer etc. And we need goals and a replacement is a risk so no I’d hate to sell him for £40mil as the £40mil isn’t mine and may disappear somewhere!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Huge statement re a player who’d have only been here a year - what’s your opinion based on?! Seems very bold!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow..I heard this a couple of weeks ago from a work colleague in France who follows Italian football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Just wow at the hate for Maupay here.

The lad has done fantastic as far as I’m concerned. 7 goals in his debut PL season is a great return for a club like us. And he still has another half the season left.

Look at the variety of goals he’s scores. Long range, precise headers, left foot, right foot.

I think he’s a good character as well.

£20m? That’s been a bargain as far as I’m concerned. £40 million would not turn my head with Premiership revenue on the line.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow..I heard this a couple of weeks ago from a work colleague in France who follows Italian football.

You seem to know a fan of every football club going!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Time to get rid – he's not scored since last year :moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The lad has done fantastic as far as I’m concerned. 7 goals in his debut PL season is a great return for a club like us. And he still has another half the season left.

Look at the variety of goals he’s scores. Long range, precise headers, left foot, right foot.

£20m? That’s been a bargain as far as I’m concerned. £40 million would not turn my head with Premiership revenue on the line.

Yeh some people are way too harsh on him cos he missed a couple of chances. He’s 23 ffs and whilst there’s room for improvement, he has time to improve. He’s been a great signing. Some of NSC don’t realise his movement and how important it is. One of the best off the ball in the prem league!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If he scores the winner on Saturday he'll be worth £400m.
Misses a 90th minute half chance, £40 a bag of sherbet pips and he's yours.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I think/hope some of the comments have been added tongue in cheek and maybe you have been whooshed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here