Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, and doing that in public is unprofessional. Its possible your buddy CH would be perfectly fine with a player still owned by the club would publicly question his decisions on social media, but most clubs & managers would not be fine with that.

Loads of players question Managers Decisions publicly. Kayal did it a few times on Social Media. Locadia would run to the Dutch Press. Hemed would run to the Israeli Press. - It ain't a big deal. You are getting enraged on behalf of Graham Potter for no reason. These things happen. Some players take it to heart. Others just accept a Manager's decision.

Your other point I refer to in a separate post because the terminology used was " Colonial "

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It seems Ryan has gone and unliked the tweet, so it seems even his agent/PR team thought it was a stupid thing to do. Obviously some of the experts on NSC know best though.

:shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see some people still haven't got over their rather pathetic Maty Ryan witch hunt

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Loads of players question Managers Decisions publicly. Kayal did it a few times on Social Media. Locadia would run to the Dutch Press. Hemed would run to the Israeli Press. - It ain't a big deal. You are getting enraged on behalf of Graham Potter for no reason. These things happen. Some players take it to heart. Others just accept a Manager's decision.

Your other point I refer to in a separate post because the terminology used was " Colonial "

You are getting Ryan a free pass on behalf of CH.

Good those players are gone then. A professional football club trying to be successful cant have players running around in media and social media questioning managers and individual teammates, its fine to discuss those things internally but do it in public and any club with self-respect will react. Imagine Tim Howard bashing Edwin van der Sar (and indirectly SAF) in public in 2006... you'd be more likely to find him in tiny little pieces than in their goal.

As for "the other point"... silly as you know what I meant, and to compare clubs "owning" players with the colonial bollocks really does not make you look like the morally superior individual you'd like to be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No evidence that he saw the Tweet as a reference to last night.

Lots of evidence that folk may be getting their knickers in a twist over nothing in particular.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
More amazing to see how people find no wrong in what he is doing.

Rob Sanchez took Ryans spot, Sanchez makes a mistake, Ryan likes a tweet saying *cough* Maty Ryan *cough*... very difficult to see it in another manner than a comment on what happened last night (and if it isnt, its still extremely poor timing). And that makes it extremely unprofessional. Sure, there is a set of infantile NSC members who think this kind of toxic behaviour is perfectly normal but its not, its evidence of a very poor teammate. Glad he is gone. No wonder Jason Steele was seen as a better bloke to have in a matchday squad.

This. We still own his contract.
If he gets injured, guess where he’ll end up getting treatment.

Unprofessional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Your analogies don't carry weight. The others lost their places gradually dropping to the bench and then they found other clubs.

Mat was 1st choice keeper and then virtually cut from the whole squad overnight.

I think we all know that there is more to his exclusio than meets the eye. It's not for public consumption or the lad or the Club would have shared it.

Maty isn't right to air things this way but to call it "unprofessional" is way wide of the Mark. Maybe he finds how he was treated less than professional.

To be honest. I don't care enough to verbally slaughter a guy who played an integral part in keeping the Club in the PL for two full seasons.

I’m more surprised by your response to be honest Noo.

Ryan was hardly cast to one side because he was excelling, and arguably it should have happened sooner. As for playing an integral part, he benefited because of Dunk and Duffy IMO, and because of the tactical defensive genius that is CH.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ryan was hardly cast to one side because he was excelling, and arguably it should have happened sooner. As for playing an integral part, he benefited because of Dunk and Duffy IMO, and because of the tactical defensive genius that is CH.

Noo is so entwined with everything Hughton. Any kind of criticism of him, or one of his players, and he’ll jump in. God help you if you feel the current manager is better than CH.

Then he gives “advice” to folk on how to be a better poster. So draw your own conclusions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Noo is so entwined with everything Hughton. Any kind of criticism of him, or one of his players, and he’ll jump in. God help you if you feel the current manager is better than CH.

Then he gives “advice” to folk on how to be a better poster. So draw your own conclusions.

To be honest Vaga, I get the whole CH thing, because he simply played football a different way and still produced similar results.
I simply don’t agree with [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] on this issue, Ryan is bang out of order. 😃

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You are getting Ryan a free pass on behalf of CH.

Good those players are gone then. A professional football club trying to be successful cant have players running around in media and social media questioning managers and individual teammates, its fine to discuss those things internally but do it in public and any club with self-respect will react. Imagine Tim Howard bashing Edwin van der Sar (and indirectly SAF) in public in 2006... you'd be more likely to find him in tiny little pieces than in their goal.

As for "the other point"... silly as you know what I meant, and to compare clubs "owning" players with the colonial bollocks really does not make you look like the morally superior individual you'd like to be.

Last para : That old chestnut of I didn't mean to say what I said then attack the person who calls you out for using such terminology. The oldest trick in the book.

Your first Para : I couldn't give a shit personally and I said as much in my post that I thought Mat was wrong to like the post. I even referenced the fact that he will get his come uppance when he makes his own next mistake. So to suggest I gave Mat a free pass for any reason is totally absurd

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
To be honest Vaga, I get the whole CH thing, because he simply played football a different way and still produced similar results.
I simply don’t agree with [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] on this issue, Ryan is bang out of order. [emoji2]

[emoji106]

Even if you take managers out the equation. And clubs even. Let’s take all that baggage away.

It’s still dicky behaviour to gloat at a young players honest mistake.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Last para : That old chestnut of I didn't mean to say what I said then attack the person who calls you out for using such terminology. The oldest trick in the book.

Your first Para : I couldn't give a shit personally and I said as much in my post that I thought Mat was wrong to like the post. I even referenced the fact that he will get his come uppance when he makes his own next mistake. So to suggest I gave Mat a free pass for any reason is totally absurd

Comparing club "ownership" of players to colonial "ownership" of humans must in that case be the second oldest trick in the book when trying to make some kind of not very obvious point. You can either take my "I didnt mean that" as "I didnt meant that - I mean they own his player contract" or you could decide that I meant "I actually meant that they own him - his soul, body and mind all belong to the club in an eternal and justified enslavement from which there is no way out". See it the way you prefer it, I dont really care. I know what I meant and thats good enough for me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You are not reading my posts correctly then.

I clearly state that May Ryan is wrong to do what he is doing.

It is how he is attacked and the underlying reasons why he is being attacked that I find offensive. The lad was obviously emotionally hurt by how it ended at Brighton and human nature often dictates that sometimes people vent their frustrations in ways that perhaps they shouldn't. That doesn't mean they should be attacked because their emotions briefly got the better of them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You are not reading my posts correctly then.

I clearly state that May Ryan is wrong to do what he is doing.

It is how he is attacked and the underlying reasons why he is being attacked that I find offensive. The lad was obviously emotionally hurt by how it ended at Brighton and human nature often dictates that sometimes people vent their frustrations in ways that perhaps they shouldn't. That doesn't mean they should be attacked because their emotions briefly got the better of them

Sorry, but if he can’t realise that type of thing would provoke a reaction then he is thick..... emotions or no emotions.

I thought players were given presentations on social media behaviour these days?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't notice what the issue was at first either
Still can't see it. Cough Mat Ryan Cough - what does that mean? Where does it mention Sanchez? The OP posts a picture of a twitter page which appears to have no meaning at all, and (admittedly fairly muted) outrage ensues.

Baffled.

Oh, and entirely un-outraged. Sorry chaps!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Comparing club "ownership" of players to colonial "ownership" of humans must in that case be the second oldest trick in the book when trying to make some kind of not very obvious point. You can either take my "I didnt mean that" as "I didnt meant that - I mean they own his player contract" or you could decide that I meant "I actually meant that they own him - his soul, body and mind all belong to the club in an eternal and justified enslavement from which there is no way out". See it the way you prefer it, I dont really care. I know what I meant and thats good enough for me.

Your claim that he doesn't have the freedom to like what he wants on social media without being attacked on Social Media by YOU because of in your word "Ownership" by the Club. It's your " Narrative" that lead to a certain interpretation.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
No player is " OWNED " by any Club.

The are contracted Employees

Don't be daft fella - in business, you buy an asset, this can be plant, machinery or contracts of employment for human resources - these assets are owned until sold or scrapped [given away].

Or are you just being a pedant?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry, but if he can’t realise that type of thing would provoke a reaction then he is thick..... emotions or no emotions.

I thought players were given presentations on social media behaviour these days?

His infraction of liking a post is hardly a major concern. In fact I didn't even notice it until others got outraged.

Kayal used to do worse on Social Media when he didn't play. And he was still at the club at the time. It ain't a big deal. Only 11 players can be on the pitch at the same time and all players deal with not playing very differently. Some just get used to it and others find if difficult to accept

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here