Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan radio interview, on how he learnt of CH sacking.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
For a club that prides itself on how it runs its business this is a monumental clusterjiggyjig. For the players to learn from the press that their direct line Manager has been fired is just plain wrong. It brings to mind the worst excesses of David Brent.

I don’t care how hard it is, you find a way to tell them in person; ideally face to face. If it really is impossible to do it face to face, you call them, or, worst case, text them.

Mickey Mouse poor.

We get it. You’re angry about CH going but jeez.

How do we know for example that CH asked to be able to tell them himself and that a club leak stopped that from being how they found out?

Or alternatively how do we know how the club would want this message communicated?

And finally they’re grown men so am sure they can handle finding out third hand...

Move on.

Wow you jump to some wild conclusions based on so little facts. Perhaps the club did text or try to contact the players. Maybe Ryan wasnt checking his texts every 10 seconds in the barbers, perhaps the Sky alert got to Solly before he checked his messages.

Why don’t you have another dig at the club? Don’t you think the club would have considered all the comms issues, taken advice and even asked CH how he wanted it to be communicated?
Maybe an insider snitched to Sky before the club could move.

Completely this.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow you jump to some wild conclusions based on so little facts. Perhaps the club did text or try to contact the players. Maybe Ryan wasnt checking his texts every 10 seconds in the barbers, perhaps the Sky alert got to Solly before he checked his messages.

Why don’t you have another dig at the club? Don’t you think the club would have considered all the comms issues, taken advice and even asked CH how he wanted it to be communicated?

There was discussion of this topic on another thread on the day (or day after) CH was fired in which it was stated that both Bozza and Not Andy Naylor knew of the dismissal before the players. Also on that thread it was stated that the non-playing staff received an email informing them of CH’s dismissal.

I held fire until this thread. There are now five separate reports of the players finding out by the press.

No smoke without fire. Not unduly hasty criticism of the club either, imo.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We get it. You’re angry about CH going...

Not at all. Never said that; never implied that. :shrug:

What I’m exercised about is the fact there are 5 separate reports (listed above) of the club having not told the players. I think that’s piss poor management. That’s the start, middle, and end of it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There was discussion of this topic on another thread on the day (or day after) CH was fired in which it was stated that both Bozza and Not Andy Naylor knew of the dismissal before the players. Also on that thread it was stated that the no -playing staff received an email informing them of CH’s dismissal.

I held fire until this thread. There are now five separate reports of the players finding out by the press.

No smoke without fire. Not unduly hasty criticism of the club either, imo.

Fair enough but how solid are these “facts”? The press threw loads of crap at the club over CHs dismissal (some that was subsequently retracted) and I guess there has been lots of cherry picking of the info since then (both ways).

I can’t believe though that the club would not have considered the comms and delivered its plan.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair enough but how solid are these “facts”? The press threw loads of crap at the club over CHs dismissal (some that was subsequently retracted) and I guess there has been lots of cherry picking of the info since then (both ways).

I can’t believe though that the club would not have considered the comms and delivered its plan.

The fact that five separate reports exist? 100%.

Are they true? Possibly not, but five separate reports of the same thing is pretty strong circumstantial evidence, imo.

I agree that the club would have had a plan, and did execute it. It just seems, to me, that that plan involved letting the players find out from the press. Which is, again imo, bizarre.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Listening to Matty I can't help hear a slight South African twang to his accent. Is it me or does anyone else hear that as well?

TNBA

TTF
I thought that too.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For a club that prides itself on how it runs its business this is a monumental clusterjiggyjig. For the players to learn from the press that their direct line Manager has been fired is just plain wrong. It brings to mind the worst excesses of David Brent.

I don’t care how hard it is, you find a way to tell them in person; ideally face to face. If it really is impossible to do it face to face, you call them, or, worst case, text them.

Mickey Mouse poor.

I did tell you at the time!

"Well, there's good news and bad news..."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not at all. Never said that; never implied that. :shrug:

What I’m exercised about is the fact there are 5 separate reports (listed above) of the club having not told the players. I think that’s piss poor management. That’s the start, middle, and end of it.

I would hope that the firing didn't come as a total surprise to the players.

The first person who needed telling was Hughton then the process of notifying everybody else could start. If March was in the park, Ryan in the barbers etc., It is inevitable that some of the staff would find out via a third party.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just hope that CH got a chance to say a proper goodbye to his group of players that he'd backed to the hilt in his typically dignified fashion, rather than be shipped out by the back door like so much dirty laundry. Bloke deserved a proper send-off.

NSC-organised ticketed farewell meal for CH and his family anyone?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My phone lets me know when I get a text as well as alerts. I think it is a poor way of letting the players know. The club let them down, especially since the players are the closest to the manager, more so than the non playing staff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There was a press release at 09:30 on the Monday. There does not seem to be much time between his sacking and the press release. It does beg the question why the club didn’t hold off just a little longer to ensure key staff were informed and had time to read any messages/calls. Even half a day would surly have ensured most players found out via the appropriate channels?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the players had been told first it would have come out in the media before the Albion released the news

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here