Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan dropped for Fulham game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is Steele simply there to warm the bench and do warm ups etc? Or is Ryan actually injured. Steele has been benchwarmer all the time except for the last time Maty was dropped.

New keeper incoming in Jan I reckon.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Muddled thinking.

Huge gamble on Sanchez and I’m not convinced.

Hard to comprehend even thinking about it but part of me would take the defeat now if it meant he was gone in the morning.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Muddled thinking.

Huge gamble on Sanchez and I’m not convinced.

Hard to comprehend even thinking about it but part of me would take the defeat now if it meant he was gone in the morning.

Have you seen the film Inception?

It’s like once someone allows the idea of the manager needing to go take root, that is literally all they can think about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can both think Ryan is a capable premier league player AND in a period of poor form.

There are posters who even this week intimate or say that Ryan has been faultless, we’re lucky to have him, he’s every bit as good as other EPL keepers.

Not [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] or [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], but I wonder what they feel about Ryan being dropped. Shirley an injustice?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
There are posters who even this week intimate or say that Ryan has been faultless, we’re lucky to have him, he’s every bit as good as other EPL keepers.

Not [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] or [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], but I wonder what they feel about Ryan being dropped. Shirley an injustice?

I haven't seen anyone say he's been faultless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't seen anyone say he's been faultless.

I can think of at least one poster who consistently asks anyone to come up with evidence of one Ryan error costing a goal, others who post metrics and graphics showing Ryan is as good as other EPL first choices.

If some people believe that he’s made no errors costing an EPL goal this season, my query to them, not you, is whether Ryan being dropped is an injustice?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Once again Ryan has been dropped after one of his better games. Same goes for Sanchez.
Potter has his own style, I’ll give him that.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I can think of at least one poster who consistently asks anyone to come up with evidence of one Ryan error costing a goal, others who post metrics and graphics showing Ryan is as good as other EPL first choices.

If some people believe that he’s made no errors costing an EPL goal this season, my query to them, not you, is whether Ryan being dropped is an injustice?

As others have said in this thread, it's ok to think Ryan is fine but that doesn't mean being dropped is an 'injustice'. It doesn't have to be as dramatic as you're trying to make it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Potter may not even have seen the goals as mistakes for dropping him, perhaps it’s distribution, communication, proactive actions, dominating his 6 yard box. Who knows, we might all conclude it’s the first goal against Leicester that’s triggered it, might be specific instructions he’s not been able to carry out. Excited to see Sanchez, having been in the front couple of rows behind the goal for the Saints game - he is one big athlete, you’re not demanding he buys you another drink he bumps your beer out your hand that’s for sure!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Every players position should always be up for scrutiny, just don't like the way on this board some names get trotted out again and again...

Let's just hope tomorrow morning we don't have a Maty would have stopped that thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter may not even have seen the goals as mistakes for dropping him, perhaps it’s distribution, communication, proactive actions, dominating his 6 yard box. Who knows, we might all conclude it’s the first goal against Leicester that’s triggered it, might be specific instructions he’s not been able to carry out. Excited to see Sanchez, having been in the front couple of rows behind the goal for the Saints game - he is one big athlete, you’re not demanding he buys you another drink he bumps your beer out your hand that’s for sure!

I don’t scapegoat Ryan, plus he seems a really good bloke, I love his interaction with supporters at games.

Just two issues, his lack of height imho means he cannot command the box, plus he seems so rarely to have a game where he pulls off some incredible saves handing us an unlikely win. I’ve seen the likes of Pope do that.

Should we stay on the EPL, I think he won’t remain our number one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here