[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez has a comparatively easy run of games to keep the shirt.
Obviously any mistake now could be very very expensive, but like last night they ought not be too taxing.

If he goes from strength to strength then Maty is superfluous and they'll be no point keeping him, as nobody will ever convince me keeper's need competition.

Injury? Suspension? Loss of form?

Most comparable clubs have decent back up

Also don't see why GK would be the only position immune to the possibility of players taking their positions for granted too much

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How do we know that there's nothing going on in Matty's private life which is affecting his performance?

You don't go from great to out of sorts over night.

I think the bloke is great and don't deserve half the shit he gets on this board, yet people want him gone without a second thought. Clueless.

Ryan has been crap for about 2 seasons now. He was never right after he came back from the middle East and then came straight back into the team to let in 4 against Fulham.

He's done incredibly well to get 3.5 seasons out of the club and a few Milly.

Not crap exactly, but he's certainly not seemed the same since that tournament. I have wondered what happened that changed him, and whether it was something personal during or as a consequence of then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Injury? Suspension? Loss of form?

Most comparable clubs have decent back up

Also don't see why GK would be the only position immune to the possibility of players taking their positions for granted too much

It would mean that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] would have to hold his hand up for being wrong...I doubt that has happened in his entire life :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's some hysterical reactions on here. A legend, say some. Not something I would agree with. A honest hard working good professional, yes, but one who is limited in ability. Being one of the smaller keepers around does limit him. Dominance of his area is certainly one he just can't do as well as others. To me he has been consistent and rarely makes any errors. He is just not good enough. My opinion and probably count for F@@k all.

Would he get in another EPL team? I really doubt it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would mean that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] would have to hold his hand up for being wrong...I doubt that has happened in his entire life :wink:

The phrase 'I was loud wrong there' might ring a bell, as that's my chosen expression when wrong'.

Being so weak as to not admitting your failings is not a good look, at the best of times.
To not admit your wrongness on a faceless message board is pathetic, and top tip pop picks, it's one of the easiest ways to cease conversation with me!

(Worth remembering)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There's some hysterical reactions on here. A legend, say some. Not something I would agree with. A honest hard working good professional, yes, but one who is limited in ability. Being one of the smaller keepers around does limit him. Dominance of his area is certainly one he just can't do as well as others. To me he has been consistent and rarely makes any errors. He is just not good enough. My opinion and probably count for F@@k all.

Would he get in another EPL team? I really doubt it.

Well said [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yikes

1779D657-8048-452E-82F5-901FDFD8441B.jpeg

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I wouldn't read much into that. It's just naylor asking questions designed to make a headline if GP gives an honest answer.

I took the time to read Naylors Q&A on the Athletic today. Basically people ask questions all week and he chooses to answer a few with “in depth” answers. Blimey there is more insight and in the know knowledge on NSC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn't read much into that. It's just naylor asking questions designed to make a headline if GP gives an honest answer.

He wasn't exactly like that about Ben White though was he ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like there's some fire with the smoke.

GP has given an update on Maty Ryan’s future.

Handshake “I have to be respectful to his career, his family & his situation.

“The situation may be he wants to be in a better position, where he’s more involved in playing.

“Out of respect, you’ve got to give him that freedom.”

[tweet]1339954032161505284[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports