Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not to be too negative but I wish he had some competition. Just feels like the opposition always seen to score with their first meaningful attempt. And Ryan never has a worldy game

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not to be too negative but I wish he had some competition. Just feels like the opposition always seen to score with their first meaningful attempt. And Ryan never has a worldy game

I think he thought that Murray was in his way.

However I don't think there's another Premier League keeper who would have let that in.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There was a lot of pace on that shot today he should be at least getting his hands on it. Whether he was unsighted but cannot fathom why he's not raised his hands at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Stopped us getting beat in the end though. I won’t be criticising anybody after that game apart from the many NSCers who threw in the towel when the team was announced.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan has not saved much since Christmas, so did not expect him to save it , a decent keeper might of though

1. It's might HAVE FFS!!!!!

2. He made a great save in the second half so evens out.

3. He is a decent keeper.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There was a lot of pace on that shot today he should be at least getting his hands on it. Whether he was unsighted but cannot fathom why he's not raised his hands at all.

Again.

Anything above shoulder height he doesn’t even get his hands up.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is a great thread to bounce every time we concede a goal that Maty should have done better with. No idea what the normal frequency is for a top class keeper... every 8 games or so?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont think he "should" have saved it, shots dont come much harder than that.

But sure, I think a few of the top 10 keepers in the world would have saved it most times. Until Neuer swaps Bayern for Brighton we could be fairly happy with Ryan despite his somewhat questionable ability in the air.

Jimmy Grimble

**** me. If any of you prats were behind the goal you’d have seen there was no way of saving that bullet.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He is excellent at instinctive saves but anything hit with pace above his shoulder level goes in. He has let in too many ‘saveable’ goals this season. He never comes off his line, struggles with crosses and personally I think we need a more commanding Keeper.

I agree but you do realise take your life in your hands criticising Ryan on here???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think he thought that Murray was in his way.

However I don't think there's another Premier League keeper who would have let that in.

Nonsense.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I agree but you do realise take your life in your hands criticising Ryan on here???

To be fair to Ryan he has done ok when you consider that we paid £5mil for him. At the end of the day a decent PL Keeper would cost at least 4 x that amount. Just doesn’t have the presence to be a top class keeper. Others may disagree and that’s fine!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be fair to Ryan he has done ok when you consider that we paid £5mil for him. At the end of the day a decent PL Keeper would cost at least 4 x that amount. Just doesn’t have the presence to be a top class keeper. Others may disagree and that’s fine!
Could have just kept tim krul. Better keeper.

We desperately need to get Ryan some competition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here