Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to Sheff Weds?

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
Hi fellas. Sheffield Wednesday fan here.

I wouldn't believe all you read in the press to be honest. We may have been linked to Mattock but that's not quite the same as signing him.

We've been linked to numerous players but so far have only signed two freebies in Chris Kirkland from Wigan and Kieran Lee from Oldham.

Our Chairman, Milan Mandaric, like your own, likes to be careful with the finances. If Mattock is after the £20k per week some of you suggest, I doubt we'll be signing him tbh. I can't see any of our players being on any more than £10k per week.

Good luck next season and looking forward to playing you again. I hear your new stadium is much better than your last home and I'm glad you managed to move in at last.

Whatever tickets you let us have when we play you at yours we'll sell, so hopefully can bring the Wednesday away experience to you to add to the atmosphere.

Off to watch Poland v Greece shortly. Have a great season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
kirkland...blimey that is a good signing

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I wouldn't believe all you read in the press to be honest. We may have been linked to Mattock but that's not quite the same as signing him.

We've been linked to numerous players but so far have only signed two freebies in Chris Kirkland from Wigan and Kieran Lee from Oldham.

Our Chairman, Milan Mandaric, like your own, likes to be careful with the finances. If Mattock is after the £20k per week some of you suggest, I doubt we'll be signing him tbh. I can't see any of our players being on any more than £10k per week.

Good luck next season and looking forward to playing you again. I hear your new stadium is much better than your last home and I'm glad you managed to move in at last.

Whatever tickets you let us have when we play you at yours we'll sell, so hopefully can bring the Wednesday away experience to you to add to the atmosphere.

Good luck yourselves :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You'll get 3,000 like everyone else. Sorry I seem to have sparked a massive ROW on your owlstalk thread by the way. :lolol:

Oh, and one more thing - our capacity will be 28,500 next season which is why we've sold those 21,000 season tickets.

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
You'll get 3,000 like everyone else. Sorry I seem to have sparked a massive ROW on your owlstalk thread by the way. :lolol:

Oh, and one more thing - our capacity will be 28,500 next season which is why we've sold those 21,000 season tickets.

Don't worry mate. I wind the buggers up myself!

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
Good luck yourselves :thumbsup:

Cheers mate. Quietly confident. We seem to be planning well and acting responsibly with our finances. Thank goodness we seem to have learned from our mistakes in the past.

We do have a few quality players who will surprise in the Championship but a question mark hangs over others. At least in Dave Jones as manager, we have an experienced, wise, head to lead us forward

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
......if he can stay fit! He does have something of a history with injuries. Time will tell whether the gamble pays off or not I guess

We had one of those this season, hopefully he will sign a new contract and stay now he is fit :)

Nice to see a decent poster from another team :)

Got a soft spot for the owls since my mother in law was caring for an old owls supporting professor who sadly passed away shortly after you were relegated and just before you beat us at your place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Got a soft spot for the owls since my mother in law was caring for an old owls supporting professor who sadly passed away shortly after you were relegated and just before you beat us at your place.
bagpuss_prof_sm.jpg

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
We had one of those this season, hopefully he will sign a new contract and stay now he is fit :)

Nice to see a decent poster from another team :)

A lot of people seem to have a soft spot for us and it's always nice to hear. I think it helps that we try to do things in the right way, choosing to suffer for 15 years for example rather than go down the administration route and by doing so, shaft local businesses.

We're certainly nothing like that other bunch from the other side of the city who everyone despises.

When some of you talk about us being deluded, I take it you refer to us calling ourselves massive etc?

That actually started off as a joke to wind up our neighbours at Bramall Lane. Seems other teams picked up on it and thought we were being serious, so we went with the flow and deliberately started winding up other teams' supporters too.

I will have to mention the largest attendance outside of the Premiership last season though. 38,000 for the Wednesday vs Wycombe Wanderers game. Not bad for a league 1 match!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A lot of people seem to have a soft spot for us and it's always nice to hear. I think it helps that we try to do things in the right way, choosing to suffer for 15 years for example rather than go down the administration route and by doing so, shaft local businesses.

You could teach our friends up the road a thing or two, they wont here it from us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You know its a wind up when Palace are supposedly tracking Mattock , his agent is trying to start a bidding war but it needs 2 clubs to bite first. I don't know where the £20k per week figure has been grabbed from unless they have extrapolated what a decent LB in the Premier League is earning but no way is Mattock worth even 50% of that in wages.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Confirmed. Mattock signs for Sheff Wed :(

http://mobile.swfc.co.uk/runtime/sheffieldwed/article?articleId=2806269

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Mattock can f*** off and take his Veet with him. Never wanted him anyway

:tantrum:

:tantrum:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports