Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Upson joins Leicester City on one year contract

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We need to start voting shite players as Player of the Season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The best defender we've had in a VERY, VERY, VERY long time.

Fair play to Upson and thanks for the memories. You've been amazing. Another lost to the Premier League..

The wheels are coming off now. You can't replace players like that, you just can't.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He has been a massive player for us and deserves his last shot at the Premier League.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
At least we have Dunk, who needs regular play-time. And his pace will help Greer out, so this isn't too bad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems the best was to get into the premier league is to leave Brighton.
You're saying that the best way to get to the premier league is to join a club that's in the premier league? This deserves its own thread, surely?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
At his age this is the best decision for him and probably us too. Head must rule the heart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is a shame if only for the fact Greer needs replacing as well.
Dunk & Upson happy days.
Dunk & Greer less happy.

We'll end up needing 2 quality centre halfs to play with Dunk, before January.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
One year deal at Leicester on SSN NOW !!! FFS !!!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Huge loss and yet more pressure to get the manager sorted and get quality players in.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Few grand off the wage bill and the average age of the squad plummets. Upson gets to take a chunk of the KingPower millions while getting his 36 year old legs out of the madness of the 46-game Championship. Dunk has a chance to really establish himself. Another POTS leaves but a surprise... Really?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was great for us but we need to start buying/using players who are not at the end of their careers if we are to progress. I am not totally gutted by this, good luck to Upson though.

Has Dunk's time come? Will Rohan be switched back to defence?

Not having a manager is my biggest concern, it's like shooting yourself in the foot every close season at this club.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
How many more will decide to leave before we actually ever get round to appointing a manager!!! All the big earners are off!! At this rate I can see us mid table at best next season!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its one last pay day for Upson, and good luck to him.

I'll be shocked if he plays more than 10 games though next season. Surely at 35 and no pace he's just been bought in as experienced cover.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I though the loss of Bridge would be huge and it wasn't - let's hope we get an equally good back four for next season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The best defender we've had in a VERY, VERY, VERY long time.

This

Fair play to Upson and thanks for the memories. You've been amazing. Another lost to the Premier League..

...and this...

The wheels are coming off now. You can't replace players like that, you just can't.

But get a grip. It's the 23rd MAY. 'Wheels are coming off', FFS.

If players like Matt were not possible to find, how did we sign him (and Bridge) in the first place?

Big loss, absolutely, but we'll replace him, just like we've replaced every single other player thats left the club, in the last 113 years.

Gutted personally, though. Absolutely my favourite ALbion player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here