Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Upson - Freebie

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The 70k wages mentioned wouldn't surprise me for him on a free, probably ask for cool million signing bonus too? Cheap if someone would pay 12-15M for him or maybe 10 given age. They'd have still given him a chunk of bonus if paid that too.

Expect whichever team sell an English CB to Arsenal (maybe Everton or Bolton) will sign Upson as replacement.

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
Could still do a job in the championship in my view but why would he leave West Ham and come straight to us? I can see a premiership club taking a punt on him.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Good player.can still cut it in at top premiership club.Dont be surprised if he went to one of the "big four"

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I think hes absolutely shite, would rather we played Dunk, Cook Greer and AEA ahead of him. He must of been on £50k a week. No wonder no one wants to go near him. I still cant get over him being an England International, suppose i will put that in the same category as Michael Ricketts

Totally agree, Im 40 (yes in my prime) & havent played footie for 8 years & would fancy my chances of outpacing him, his distribution is poor aswell... apparantly in his younger days he was the quickest on the bleep
test in the entire Arsenal squad (uncluding Henry)
By the way he was apparantly on £70k a week at west ham, I think he's a donkey but can head the ball....next team for him is STOKE!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think hes absolutely shite, would rather we played Dunk, Cook Greer and AEA ahead of him. He must of been on £50k a week. No wonder no one wants to go near him. I still cant get over him being an England International, suppose i will put that in the same category as Michael Ricketts

He's always been overated in my book and he got royally found out at the world cup. IF he was that good Arsenal would never have let him go. He will be after an absolute fortune in wages. We wont be signing an over the hill lump like that. Will probably end up at somewhere like Ipswich, he's the kind of player they go for.

He was absolutely shocking last year. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Totally agree, Im 40 (yes in my prime) & havent played footie for 8 years & would fancy my chances of outpacing him, his distribution is poor aswell... apparantly in his younger days he was the quickest on the bleep
test in the entire Arsenal squad (uncluding Henry)
By the way he was apparantly on £70k a week at west ham, I think he's a donkey but can head the ball....next team for him is STOKE!!

Some tremendous judges of player here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here