Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Grimes

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
By your ridiculous logic we should never have signed Shane Duffy who was part of the Yeovil team that got relegated from the Championship a few seasons ago.
And Arsenal definitely shouldn't be looking at Dunk and Duffy. And don't even start me on Ajax. Don't they know there is a reason we finished one place above the relegation zone?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point you are all conveniently missing is that this isnt 1 gem in the side that we are reported to be interested in, as was the case when we signed Duffy and Gross from relegated teams but 3 players out of 11 which is 3/11 or 27% of their unsuccessful team I am not against signing a player from ghis old club but consider that 3 is possibly too many.to consider.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The point you are all conveniently missing is that this isnt 1 gem in the side that we are reported to be interested in, as was the case when we signed Duffy and Gross from relegated teams but 3 players out of 11 which is 3/11 or 27% of their unsuccessful team I am not against signing a player from ghis old club but consider that 3 is possibly too many.to consider.

Three?.So, James, who united have bid 15million for, Grimes, player of the season and McBurnnie, over 20 goals last year...

Anyway, Grimes is a no brainer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The point you seem to be conveniently missing is we've not actually signed any of these three players so you are against something that hasn't even happened yet and is nothing more than press stories at the moment.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

OK. I'll pass your thoughts onto Paul Winstanley and Graham Potter when I next see them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
true but left to NSC all 3 would sign for us.

:facepalm: but it isn't up to NSC so you are questioning the logic of something that hasn't happened and may never happen based on the thoughts of people who have no influence on said events happening or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The point you seem to be conveniently missing is we've not actually signed any of these three players so you are against something that hasn't even happened yet and is nothing more than press stories at the moment.

Not to mention the Albion having Dunk, Stephens and Barnes who were once all mid-table championship players.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Without meaning to sound too much like a milkshake-covered politician, I would quite like to see us look a bit closer to home for signings instead of taking quite so many punts on the likes of AJ. The Championship is more competitive than it has ever been and some clubs have serious financial clout. I'd say that being a success at a less wealthy club (like Grimes etc at Swansea) is a pretty big achievement in that league. Certainly with regard to the crucial 'heir to Glenn' signing, I wouldn't mind seeing us get Maupay/McBurnie to play up front.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Without meaning to sound too much like a milkshake-covered politician, I would quite like to see us look a bit closer to home for signings instead of taking quite so many punts on the likes of AJ. The Championship is more competitive than it has ever been and some clubs have serious financial clout. I'd say that being a success at a less wealthy club (like Grimes etc at Swansea) is a pretty big achievement in that league. Certainly with regard to the crucial 'heir to Glenn' signing, I wouldn't mind seeing us get Maupay/McBurnie to play up front.

Loads of talent down there. Konsa at CB, Adam Reach surely has enough about him, you could pick a really competitive squad from that league.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No that was a result of relegation but the players they replaced them with were not good enough to do the job. Why should they be good enough for a Premier team already?

No BG. You can’t judge an individual player on the performance of the whole club!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
From what I've seen watching all 4 divisions. You could easily field a team good enough for the top flight with the best 11 from each division. When we were in the 4th division, we played Cardiff who had James Collins, Danny Gabbidon, Graham Kavanagh and Robert Earnshaw who all ended up playing in the top flight. We still managed to beat them 1-0 (Zamora) and ended up winning the league, but it does show the talent which lies in the lower leagues. As it looks, we're going for lower league talent this summer which I'm more than excited about. I'm sure we'll end up with a few gems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here