Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Grimes - Swansea

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last year of hs contract, so would cost only £1.5M - so why is Edouard still £18.5 M? He's not 12 times better! Don't see where Grimes would fit in though - surely we;ve got better in house already>

Don’t think that’s quite how it works :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was unlikely to take anyone from Ostersunds to Swansea, but when he came here from Swansea we did try and bring Dan James and Ollie McBurnie I believe. The reason he has not brought any player he has worked with before is because he has moved up to a level where few of his former players could join him, and the few that could have, had other options that either suited, or paid them better.

James was basically half way to Old Trafford ie that transfer was already in motion, and we didn’t go in for McBurnie - there may have been the odd 2+2=75 tweet etc but I’m pretty sure we weren’t in for either player!?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bissouma, Mwepu, Lallana, Moder, Caicedo, Alzate, Molumby and certainly Karbownik to contend with just for the deep lying central midfield spots. Plenty of attacking midfielders and wide midfielders too plus some young players coming through. Do we need 9 players for 2 spots? Throw Groß in too as played there last season occasionally?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bissouma, Mwepu, Lallana, Moder, Caicedo, Alzate, Molumby and certainly Karbownik to contend with just for the deep lying central midfield spots. Plenty of attacking midfielders and wide midfielders too plus some young players coming through. Do we need 9 players for 2 spots? Throw Groß in too as played there last season occasionally?

To be fair, I think a few of those might prefer (and be very effective) a bit further up the field. Still a pretty crowded midfied when everybody's fit though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Last year of hs contract, so would cost only £1.5M - so why is Edouard still £18.5 M? He's not 12 times better! Don't see where Grimes would fit in though - surely we;ve got better in house already>

Because Edouard is a striker, who is very much in demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, I know he's a striker and they cost more. Just not necessarily 12 times more when they haven't ever played at PL level, and are very much by way of being a punt.

Naive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
James was basically half way to Old Trafford ie that transfer was already in motion, and we didn’t go in for McBurnie - there may have been the odd 2+2=75 tweet etc but I’m pretty sure we weren’t in for either player!?

I think we had plenty of time to be in for McBurnie before Sheffield United took a punt but didn't bother, so I assume Potter didn't rate his chances of stepping up. And was proved right, you'd have to say.

This Grimes link also seems to be a 2+2=5 type guess from the clickbait crew. Just because he played for Potter at Swansea doesn't mean he wants him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here