[Albion] Matias Antonini

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
His metrics must be what they are looking at, but doesn't mean we want him. I doubt there's a player anywhere that's not had the once over

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
He’s 25 also and never played at a high level. There’s better options out there.

RDZ choose to start a 32 year old Jason Steele over Sanchez who had never played in the EPL and who before that was part of the Sunderland double relegation team. I think RDZ sees football and football players differently than most.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’s 25 also and never played at a high level. There’s better options out there.
It seems our scouting network thinks otherwise.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
People wrote Dan Burn off like this also.

There’s a big difference. Antonini before this season was playing in Serie D regional football.
I can’t find out much about him, but one report I saw said he’s dominant in the air and good with his feet and also that he’s good enough to be at Serie B level. I expect that’s why there was a scout at the game, but I don’t expect us to have serious interest.

Players like Dan Burn and Vardy usually pass through leagues making a gradual step up - it feels too much of a jump, especially as there will be language barriers in addition, but I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If RDZ likes the look of him, that's good enough for me, get him in and take a look in pre season. If he needs a year at USG to aid the transition, fine

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
how on earth could a serie c player come even close to getting a work permit?

Has anybody considered that our interest (if, indeed there is any), might be not to ever have him play for Albion but instead sign him, loan him to USG, then sell him on at a profit?

It's a perfectly valid business model.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From a C side to the seaside. Sobvious, innit - any crappy journo could make the link into a 'scoop', shirley!

Part exchange for Dunk, nailed on! :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here