Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murray and Vydra for me have been the dream ticket for over a year now.

Im not interested in him on loan however. I dont think its productive to have your 2 main front men as loaners when you have the quality of Hemed and Baldock contracted to us and out of the side largely.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Skalak should have had plenty of opportunities to promote the club to Vydra (both Czech, same age). So if the money is right and the club really wants Vydra he would definitely choose Brighton, wouldn't he?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray and Vydra for me have been the dream ticket for over a year now.

Im not interested in him on loan however. I dont think its productive to have your 2 main front men as loaners when you have the quality of Hemed and Baldock contracted to us and out of the side largely.
I agree but they didnt do very well playing together at Reading. possibly due to the way they play and would better our style.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Skalak should have had plenty of opportunities to promote the club to Vydra (both Czech, same age). So if the money is right and the club really wants Vydra he would definitely choose Brighton, wouldn't he?

Because he'll have to take a wage cut and Derby will offer something more in line with what he is currently getting.

Great player, would love him but just can't see it happening especially with the agent that he has.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wow ...... with Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Abdoul Camara, Nick Blackman, Andreas Weiman, Darren Bent, James Wilson and Matej Vydra ... that will be some stricker lineup to keep happy

Derby county = the new Nottingham Forest until FFP kicks in :clap2:

It is for this reason that Derby would be a bad move for the player, in the same way that Pritchard moving to Norwich was a bad move.

There's too many players looking for the pay cheque rather than game time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I never understood why there is so much love for Vydra here. Didn't he miss an open goal last season vs Boro for a late equaliser that would have meant we'd got promoted? I've seen him perform brilliantly at the Amex but that was a longtime ago. He hasn't been on that form since. Let Derby have him, he'll do as well as 'one-season-wonder-Blackman'. Overpaid, overated and not the no.10 we are looking for.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
A player with possibly a point to prove after a couple of poor seasons, I for one would take him, but suspect we cant or wont pay whats needed. A decent choice of strikers for Derby if happens, certainly more varied than our current three plus Elvis

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I never understood why there is so much love for Vydra here. Didn't he miss an open goal last season vs Boro for a late equaliser that would have meant we'd got promoted? I've seen him perform brilliantly at the Amex but that was a longtime ago. He hasn't been on that form since. Let Derby have him, he'll do as well as 'one-season-wonder-Blackman'. Overpaid, overated and not the no.10 we are looking for.

was absolute gash for reading recently too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's fed up off going out on loan in my opinion, needs a bit of loving that's all, everyone knows he is a very good player and ideal for how we set up I think

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Despite his poor form last season when he wasn't playing that regularly in a mediocre Reading side, I think he's pretty much what we need. His pace can be deadly and would particularly suit our style of play away. With a Vydra, Murray, Baldock and Hemed forward line, we'd look formidable up front, at last. I suspect having gone in for him last season the club knows how much he'd cost and the sort of wages he's on. Sadly, those are probably beyond what it can do..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here