Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was wearing my Dennis the Menace backpack at the time and you know what these knuckle dragging security types are like with their misconceptions :rolleyes:

I know some of the Al Jazeera journalists have been detained in recent times, but surely writing reports about our exemplary pitch should not provoke such an excessive response...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I had the opposite experience with a very daft security guard.

I saw that the big access door in the North East corner was open, so wandered towards it.
The guard asked me where I was going.
I said I just wanted to peek through the big open gap in the wall.
He told me the door wasn't open!

Had he just said, I'm sorry, I can't let you go over there because we've got contractors in still so I'm here to make sure there's no accidents, I'd have been disappointed but would have understood. Telling me that my eyes weren't working properly just resulted in a stupid argument about whether the door was open or not!!

Yep they don't seem to be trained in PR, and it's all about a superiority complex to some who over embrace any sort of power.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
He was asked what he was doing "i'm just showing my kid the pitch" then asked to leave immediatley and they shouldn't be there.

Also he wasn't on the pitch with his kid or anywhere near it.

To respond to earlier post when he left he did feel more like an intruder then a fan with his boy.

So what actually happened then is that someone who shouldn't be in that area of the ground was approached by security while doing their job, asked why they were there and asked to leave as they shouldn't be. It's hardly "kicked out of Amex" is it.

Yes in this case it probably wouldn't hurt to have let the kid have a quick look and would have been a nice thing to do but at the same time it's a bit unreasonable to be complaining about it because the security guy wasn't willing to risk his job - why the hell should he?

I can understand him being annoyed that he'd been told it was alright but when the right person tells them sorry it's not allowed it's fair enough. Take the opportunity to make it up to the kid by taking him to a game where he can get the full magical moment experience .. Under 10 prices in the family stand aren't exactly extortionate.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So what actually happened then is that someone who shouldn't be in that area of the ground was approached by security while doing their job, asked why they were there and asked to leave as they shouldn't be. It's hardly "kicked out of Amex" is it.

Yes in this case it probably wouldn't hurt to have let the kid have a quick look and would have been a nice thing to do but at the same time it's a bit unreasonable to be complaining about it because the security guy wasn't willing to risk his job - why the hell should he?

I can understand him being annoyed that he'd been told it was alright but when the right person tells them sorry it's not allowed it's fair enough. Take the opportunity to make it up to the kid by taking him to a game where he can get the full magical moment experience .. Under 10 prices in the family stand aren't exactly extortionate.

If the story was exactly as Doc Lynam wrote it you are completely wrong. The club promotes itself for people to go to the Amex to visit the museum, Dick Bar, merchandise shop and to use the restaurant for special occasions, not forgetting supporting the club on match days and generally spending time and money there.

A bit of courtesy doesn’t go amiss when it didn’t take an SAS mission to enter the place. If the security guard was worried about his job he should have said "you will have to go or you will get me fired".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here