Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday Buddy and matchday ticket donation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's new and there will be more about it soon.

I don't know if it was directly inspired by what [MENTION=6366]Freddie Goodwin.[/MENTION] did recently with the £10 ticket thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

On a similar note, on the way back from the Cardiff game, [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I got talking to a mum and her son on the train back towards Worthing. Somehow the conversation turned to that the lad, Orlando, was actually quite poorly with heart issues. He lifted up his shirt and showed us the scars that he had a result of numerous operations.

We asked if he had been to the Albion before. He hadn't, but said he would love to go. I offered them my tickets for the Preston game and took his Mum's details so we could sort it out.

However, I also got in touch with the club to see if there was anything they could do to help make the day extra special for him and I've found out that he is going to be a mascot on Saturday. His Dad is accompanying him as part of that, and I'm buying tickets for his Mum and sister so they can be there too.

I think most of us forget how lucky we are to be able to attend football pretty much when we choose, and enjoy largely decent health at the same time.

This is him: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1547673/Birthday-boy-survived-20-heart-attacks.html

You are a very good man.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Why can't they be given tickets?

She didn't know, just that it wasn't allowed. I presume it might be something to do with the fact we're not supposed to give our season tickets to other people when we aren't able to get to a match. Hope the club can sort it in the future though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She didn't know, just that it wasn't allowed. I presume it might be something to do with the fact we're not supposed to give our season tickets to other people when we aren't able to get to a match. Hope the club can sort it in the future though.

I know there is some legislation regarding passing on tickets but the club seem to circumvent this with the 1901 system I described earlier.

I hope something can be arranged where tickets can be passed on and not wasted. I has my support.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know there is some legislation regarding passing on tickets but the club seem to circumvent this with the 1901 system I described earlier.

I hope something can be arranged where tickets can be passed on and not wasted. I has my support.

Agree completely. I think with just a little bit of goodwill from the club, this could really take off. The matchday buddying is also something that needs a bit more publicity too. I'll be contacting them next week and see what I can do.

And any chance of a pic of the lad Orlando on the pitch today? Would be really great if we could hear back on how his day went [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here