Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Ratings vs Northampton

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Flinders - 8 Did well with the wind (apart from keeping the ball still) in the first half and made some key saves in 2nd half. A class act - would love to keep him.

Mayo - 6 Didn't do much wrong and useful corners.

Rehman 7- Looked more composed today going forward. Another who would be good to have next season.

Butters 8 - Calm composed and rock solid

Lynch 7 - Got involved in a bit of a ruck 2nd half and was lucky to get a yellow but played well otherwise

Bertin 6.5 - Few wayward passes but Ok.

El Bad 6 - Solid enough and worked hard. Little going forward though.

Cox - 6.5 Looked more lively and put himself about though tired in 2nd half.

Jake - 7 Much better as well and created some good chances. No real goal threat apart from that missed sitter.

Revell - 8 Worked very hard and frustrated not to get the goal he deserved. My MOM.

Bas - 7.5 2 goals say no more.

Subs

Fraser -7 Couple of beautiful through balls. Good to see him have a run now in the side.

Gatts - Never really saw him on the ball.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Flinders 7 - Did tremendously,terrific treble save at the end.

Mayo 6 - Didn't do much wrong,wind didn't help his passes(or crosses)

Butters 8 - I dont think he'll ever lose a header!

Lynch 7 - Great performance,lucky to get a yellow though when he lashed out at a Northampton player.

Rehmann 6.5 - Very attacking,some good overlaps on the right hand side.Like Kerry,balls up the line were not helped by the wind.

El Abd 6 - A couple of good challenges,twice had a chance to put a threatening ball in,both rather dissapointing.

Bertin 6.5 - Not at his usual best,but still effective.Nice passing of the ball.

Cox 7 - Looking lively,maybe could have passed to people in better positions on some occassions.

Jake 7 - Same as Coxy,though the sitter he missed really did sum up his second half to the season.

Revell 8 - The man will never get tired.Runs his socks off for the squad and looked back to his full best.Deserved a goal but never really got a good chance.

Savage 9 - Man of the Match. Two good goals,a fantastic moonwalk,especially the use of hands when the referee told him to get a move on!Quite clearly different class,as proved when Northampton's MOM was read out on the PA system,which was greeted by chants of 'Man of the match,you're having a laugh' and 'Super Bas' from the Albion faithful.

Gatting 5 - Brought on too late to make an impact.

Fraser 6.5 - Terrific through balls,and interacted with the crowd to get the singing going.

Albion fans - Different class,singing all game,even when Cobblers were on the attack.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
flinders 8

mayo 7 played well
lynch 9 excellent
Butts 8 solid
rehman 6 getting better

el abd 7 decent game
cox 7 faded a bit
Robinson 7 better game
BERTIN 10**** how much better is he going to get?

Revell 7 not bad
Savage 9 Sublime

These are scond half only....first half,devide each score by two

all in all great day

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Flinders 8 - brilliant saves at the end. did little wrong in difficult conditions.

Rehman 6 - looked a little uncomfortable, but was heavily involved in the first half.
Lynch 8 - dominant as ever, disappointing to see him slightly lose his head.
Butters 8 - superb.
Mayo 6 - not too bad today from mayo, some decent moments, but also some shocking ones.

Robinson 7 - looked up for it and was always creating, but really should have scored.
El-Abd 6 - not his best game, but full-blooded as ever.
Bertin 7 - not great in the first half, but neither was anyone! always impressed with the way he looks up THEN passes.
Cox 6 - a little bit subdued, but did very little wrong.

Revell 8 - MOM. Ran himself into the ground and created 2 goals. Very impressive today.
Savage 7.5 - poor in the first half, but took his goals well and really grew in confidence. fantastic moonwalk for the first goal and i really love his cult status.

subs:

fraser - 6
gatting - 5

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Could'nt listen to SCR commentary today because I was working so who played at the front of the diamond in Hammonds abscence? ( assuming we played the diamond formation that is?)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Could'nt listen to SCR commentary today because I was working so who played at the front of the diamond in Hammonds abscence? ( assuming we played the diamond formation that is?)

It was 442 today. Jake on the right, Bertin & El Abd in the middle, Coxy on the left.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Flinders 8
Rehman 7
Lynch 7 lucky to only get a yellow.
Butters 8
Mayo 7
Robinson 7
El-Abd 7
Bertin 7
Cox 6
Revell 7
Savage 9 MOM I love the way he told the ref to wait until he finished his moonwalk. :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
It was 442 today. Jake on the right, Bertin & El Abd in the middle, Coxy on the left.

Did it work with Bertin and El Abd together in the centre?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Dave the Gaffer said:

BERTIN 10**** how much better is he going to get?

???
I know i've mentioned him before, but he wasn't THAT good today was he? Gave the ball away quite a lot???

Anyway
Flinders - 8 - awesome saves
Mayo - 6 - some wayward passing, some good defending
Butters - 7 - Strong
Lynch - 7 - classy
Rehman - Impressed me going forward and also strong in a tackle
El-abd - 7 - Best player first half, faded second. All over the park
Bertin - 6 - Gave the ball away too much
Cox - 6 - didn't get into the game
Robinson - 7 - fantastic off the ball, good running, good use of the ball - just a shame about the offsides and open goal miss. Hard on him
Savage - 8 - Quiet first half, brilliant in the second. INCREDIBLE dance
Revell - 7 - great assist i think for first goal and definitely for second . Better on the right than as a striker

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
What is peoples problem with Kerry Mayo?:angry:

Played as well as any of the others today,if not better than some.(cox!!!)

Yet people still only give the bloke a 6:nono:

If Cox and Robinson get a 7 off todays performance,then Mayo gets an 8!

And for the record Cox was shit today IMO.

Last edited:

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Flinders 8
Rehman 7
Lynch 7 lucky to only get a yellow.
Butters 8
Mayo 7
Robinson 7
El-Abd 7
Bertin 7
Cox 6
Revell 7
Savage 9 MOM I love the way he told the ref to wait until he finished his moonwalk. :lolol:

totally agree lynch was lucky but they way savage put his hand up as if to say talk to the hand im doin my celebration! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown:

donno y he didnt do it for the second goal? maybe because hes never scored twice in one game and got confused!!! :lolol: :lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Withdean Wanderer said:
Defensively very good, but distribution was poor, which is more noticable.

As was Lynch today who also made a few very bad UNFORCED errors which nobodies seemed to mentioned.Fair enough his tackling was immense and kept us in the game,but had Northamton not been so rubbish,hin unforced errors could also have cost us a game.

Dont want to criticise the lad,he was brilliant today,but if he gets a 7,then so does Mayo!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think he dared risk dancing again because the ref would think he was taking the mickey and book him!!

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
Yorkie said:
I don't think he dared risk dancing again because the ref would think he was taking the mickey and book him!!

yea i no but would of been worth it!
"man of the match, ur having a laugh"
"super super bas" :clap:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Withdean Wanderer said:
Defensively very good, but distribution was poor, which is more noticable.

ALSO.......why is it more noticable?? He's a DEFENDER,therefore his defending is more noticable to me.

I think the only reason it is noticable his distribution was poor was because it was MAYO,and people like to notice what he does wrong,rather than right.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
junior said:
ALSO.......why is it more noticable?? He's a DEFENDER,therefore his defending is more noticable to me.

I think the only reason it is noticable his distribution was poor was because it was MAYO,and people like to notice what he does wrong,rather than right.

Misplace a pass and it sticks out, someone somewhere has a grumble.

Heading the ball sensibly, and intercepting passes (something Mayo did well today) generally go unoticed.

And i like Mayo, so the "'cause it's Mayo" factor doesn't really apply to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here