Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Match Ratings v Arsenal at home 29/12/20***

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bissouma - 8 we would have been beaten by more if he hadn’t been on the pitch. Can see him getting a big move soon.
Sanchez - 7 did nothing wrong. Made one brilliant (if somewhat fortunate) save.
The rest - 5
Poor in attack, even worse at defending.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Great game for him except I think Lacazette should have been marked by either Bissouma or Gross. I saw them rushing back trying to get to him but were a good 15 yards behind him.

Think they were a bit too far away, the problem was Dunk and Webster not communicating and leaving him free.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
i didn't see gross rushing back

Gross and Bissouma were both caught the wrong side.

That they couldn't get back, is excusable. Saka is quick. Though, there's a strong argument we should be playing a holding midfielder (I expect it would be White) as we're not covering these runners from midfield at the moment

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought Bissouma was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch tonight...including Arsenal ...I’ll take my blue n white specs off shortly

Then I should have given you a comparison on the Arsenal players. I wouldn't have given a single one of them an 8. And Sanchez got it for that brilliant point blank save. In short, I agree, although I think our chucked-in-the-deep-end keeper deserves respect.

Bissouma will be off to a better team in the summer. I can see us rejecting every single bid in Jan though as without him we are even more fooked.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Gross and Bissouma were both caught the wrong side.

That they couldn't get back, is excusable. Saka is quick. Though, there's a strong argument we should be playing a holding midfielder (I expect it would be White) as we're not covering these runners from midfield at the moment

Mollumby must be thinking - manager's office tomorrow and say either play me, loan me out or sell me.

Alzate must be wondering what he has done wrong , injects so much pace into the passing.

I could see the reasoning behind the set up from start but it needed to change at half time with two strikers on....he doesn't understand subs....

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I actually thought Bernardo warranted a 7. Thought he offered a bit.

But - I like veltman and I like burn. But as centre backs or emergency fullbacks. Not starting as wingbacks.

Surely alzate offers better athleticism and attacking threat there?

So languid in the final third. We keep it nicely and play beautifully everywhere else. The. Fu k it up by being so slow and letting the opposition get 9 men back before we kick it out for a goal kick or give it back to them

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Effort is Gross' thing. Running is, but he's just not capable of rushing aka sprinting.

Well, the reason why Gross shouldn't be playing centre mid (Lallana as well) is that he doesn't have the athleticism to get up and down. If he's wrong side he's not getting back.

Gross should be competing for a space in the front 3

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't think so. This was on Webster's side, he was much closer to Lacazette than Lewis

Nope. Dunk was much closer to Lacazette.
There is a bit of a theme on NSC to finger Webster when he's not culpable. On this:
-- I'm not identifying you, it's a general thing
-- I'm not saying one of the defensive three is necessarily culpable. They all stood there in a line. At least one of them should have got out to block the shot. None of them did. If I was forced to pick one of them out on this, I'd plump for Dunk.
Have a look again. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
There is a bit of a theme on NSC to finger Webster when he's not culpable. On this:
-- I'm not saying one of the defensive three is necessarily culpable. They all stood there in a line. At least one of them should have got out to block the shot. None of them did. If I was forced to pick one of them out on this, I'd plump for Dunk.

I concur, i feel this was Dunk's error. He should have gone to Lacazette himself, or as the captain, communicated to Webster to pick him up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'll watch it again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sanchez - 7
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7
Burn - 5 - not comfortable in their half and doesn’t have the pace to recover
Veltman - 5 not a wing back
Bissouma - 9 - Needs to move on to further his career
Propper - 6 surprisingly good
Bernardo - 5 again, not a wing back. At one point we had a break on the right and he was the only man in the box. WTF!!!
Gross - 5 anonymous
Ali J - 5 never takes his opportunities
Mac Allister - 4 clueless

Maupay - 5

Potter - 0 totally lost my faith tonight. I understand that being a manager of a small fish in a big pond is hard, but how can you justify that team selection and tactics. Time for a change

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bissouma 9 Best player in Sussex Tonight

The rest of Brighton 5 uninterested rubbish from a grey manager

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
sanchez - 7
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Burn - 3
Bernado - 5
Gross - 4
Propper - 4
AJ - 6
McAllister - 5
Bissouma - 9

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez - 7- Did well one very good save nice to a keeper kick the ball upfield

Webster - 7- the defence as a whole did well and if only our forwards had taken any of their chances
Dunk - 7- as above
Burn - 6- run himself into the ground
Veltman - 6- as above

Bissouma - 8 - MOM looked best player on the pitch I hope we can afford to hang onto him
Propper - 6-.long time out his inclusion alongside Bissouma was a positive for me
Bernardo - 5- also long time out he worked hard with little result

Gross - 5- best of the front three but that's not saying much
Ali J - 4- and I am a fan of Ali J but he was poor
Mac Allister - 4- also poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here