Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match ratings Reading (a)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It was 6 minutes, but how much of that time was actually the football in play? Far less then 6 minutes I would say.

Genuinely the ball was in play for about 25 seconds of those 6 minutes. Reading were shameless last night and the fact that their antics went completely unpunished by the referee was a disgrace. They were time-wasting from the 25th minute ffs!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Genuinely the ball was in play for about 25 seconds of those 6 minutes. Reading were shameless last night and the fact that their antics went completely unpunished by the referee was a disgrace. They were time-wasting from the 25th minute ffs!

and it lead to several totally unnecessary scuffles between players etc... it was not an edifying spectacle.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

It really was a poor showing from both teams but they just got a luckyish goal and scored from a cracking finish and shut up shop.

If we hadn't of shocked the form book and beat Ipswich and Derby I would be seriously worried. I think we will have just enough to limp across the line. For me, it's the Huddersfield game that is the key one. Our home form has been solid, so we simply must beat a team only 2 points above us at home. That plus 2 away draws and I think that will keep us up. Note this season down as a complete write off and start again come August.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Pretty much this.

I'd add to the scores

Hughton / Team selection : 5

Why make 5 changes to a winning side? I thought those days were gone.

Pitch : 4

No excuses for the result but it was really bad - I hope we never have rugby at the Amex.....oh

Atmosphere :

From both sets of fans. I guess sometimes you need something on the pitch to get excited about. 14k in a 30k stadium looks and sound awful - be warned!

Overall, with the exception of Millwall at home the worst performance of the season.
Think you'll find it holds 24,500:glare:
Christ that was the worst game I've witnessed....Won't be watching us for a long time now as my footy mojo is well and truly gone,been coming for a few years now.To think best is on 35k a week is bloody shocking and greer is Facking useless amongst others.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
On the subject of time wasting, it's really got beyond a joke now. Reading were a disgrace.

(And Stockdale is as bad as anyone when we're winning)

A clock that stops when the ball goes out of play, free kicks, etc... Can't be that difficult surely.

We're paying for 90 minutes of football, and getting less than an hours play.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Stockdale - 5 Still bothers me. Very inconsistent.

Halford - 3 Long throw. Otherwise.........
Greer - 4 He just keeps getting worse.
Dunk - 5 Looked as if he got pulled out of position second goal but not seen replay
Bennett - 4 Weak and ineffective

Kayal - 5 Worst performance since joining. Played out of position. Looked class sitting alongside Ince / Holla
Ince - 5 Got totally over-run
JFC - 2 One mark for turning up and the other because........actually...I'm not sure what the other was for. Lightweight & lack of effort

KLL - 4 Never really in the game. Even Sami could see he struggles as a starter FFS. Great impact player but not a starter
COG - 6 One of the few who actually looked like he was trying. Too isolated.
Ledesma - 3 Another "here for the money" loanee. No wonder Boro shipped him out.

CH - 3 Ripped apart the side that had been performing better and getting results recently. Great idea. Poor selections, poor set-up, rubbish tactics, no passion, no ambition, crap substitutions. How long before the "Can we have Sami back" chant starts?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Then again we had spent 90 mins wasting our own time, so for the players to get all girly about Reading wasting it in the end was shifting the blame for our loss. We should have shown that passion at 0:01 minutes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
O'Grady 5.85 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)

The Rest:
Kayal 5.25 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
>Bruno 5.13 ( 10 mins, 4 votes)
Stockdale 4.95 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
Dunk 4.85 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
>Best 4.75 ( 21 mins, 6 votes)
LuaLua 4.65 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
Greer 4.55 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
Bennett, J 4.45 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
<Ince 4.35 ( 76 mins, 10 votes)
<Ledesma 3.85 ( 87 mins, 10 votes)
Halford 3.75 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)
Forster-Caskey 3.35 ( 97 mins, 10 votes)

Squad average: 4.59

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here