Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****MATCH RATIINGS vs NORWICH****

theboybilly

Are you kidding about CMS?

He's the (many) fans favourite .... always smiles, signs autographs, a lovely chap by all accounts, and he tries hard on the pitch with shuttle sprints trying to chase down opposing defenders in possession of the ball. Many fans would love the club to offer the trier another contract.

But where is the end product to the main thing he is handsomely paid to do?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Can we have some strikers please, Tony?

I'm probably being generous with these marks as we're not really very good but here goes...
Stockdale - 7 - very, very solid
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 5.5
Greer - 6.5
Halford - 7
Kayal - 7.5 MoM
Ince - 6.5 - Some excellent tackles, some wasteful passes. Hopeless going forward. Standard
Stephens - 6.5
Calde - 5.5
Tex - 6 - Mixture of very frustrating & encouragingly stronger. Hope to keep him next year
O'Grady - 5 - He tries. He's sometimes quite good. Would've been nowhere near our first team in the previous 3 seasons

Kaz - 6
CMS - 5.5
Best - 1 - I've never, ever screamed abuse at an Albion player during a game & I've come close to a ruck shouting at people who do so but did anyone else see him (after not beginning to break sweat previously) losing it with the linesman as a late attack was going on around him? Utterly selfish & self-indulgent & unless I missed him having a testicle bitten, unforgiveable. Send him back

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Stockdale -6 made a couple of saves, otherwise not much to do.
Bruno -5 -adequate but never really threatened to produce anything special.
Greer-4-come in number 3, your time is up. No longer the defensive force he was.
Halford-7.5 -very sound, currently offers more mobility and options than Dunk.
Bennett-4.5-once again, left floundering by a speedy winger. A few good touches but......
Calderon -5-same as Bruno.
Texeira-5-too often flattered to deceive. Created little and over-elaborated when the simple pass was needed.
Kayal-7.5-another solid performance but didn't create much. Can only assume he was taken off because he had an injury.
Stephens-6.5-worked hard, getting back to his best- but not there yet.
Ince-7 -some very effective interceptions and tackles but didn't really influence the play enough.
O'Grady-6-worked hard as always but missed a good chance in the first half. He is not a lone striker.
Subs: Lua Lua -6-was on for ten minutes before someone worked out he had the beating of the left back.
CMS- 4-was put on to score goals but never got into the penalty area. Ran around as usual.
Best-0-contributed nothing. Has apparently given this week's wages to charity as he felt he didn't earn them!!!

Management -3-bring in a winger on loan, play two full backs on the right side and then put on two "strikers" who haven't scored all season! Inexplicable!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But where is the end product to the main thing he is handsomely paid to do?

Sod the goal scoring. He's a humble guy and smiler, very happy to have collected 4 years of a very juicy £572,000 annual salary. Scoring regularly at Championship level has hever come easy to CMS, and neither will he ever have the ability to be a creator of chances for others at this level.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WhoScored gave it to Tex (for us): http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830220/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Brighton-Norwich

I thought Tex was a bit too rushed, Or Norwich were too quick to challenge for his usual game. Three Norwich players around him most of the time. Not much to choose between the Albion players for me.

Tex_2931small.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best - 1 - I've never, ever screamed abuse at an Albion player during a game & I've come close to a ruck shouting at people who do so but did anyone else see him (after not beginning to break sweat previously) losing it with the linesman as late attack was going on around him? Utterly selfish & self-indulgent & unless I missed him having a testicle bitten, unforgiveable. Send him back

This is a valid point. Met a Leeds fan is our local before our recent game. They were terrified about CMS as, in the past, he scored against them but they couldn't believe we had signed Best because he was, and I quote, total shite.
Can't be bothered to do a poll but is he worse than Barn door Billy?

Serious question

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we have some strikers please, Tony?

I'm probably being generous with these marks as we're not really very good but here goes...
Stockdale - 7 - very, very solid
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 5.5
Greer - 6.5
Halford - 7
Kayal - 7.5 MoM
Ince - 6.5 - Some excellent tackles, some wasteful passes. Hopeless going forward. Standard
Stephens - 6.5
Calde - 5.5
Tex - 6 - Mixture of very frustrating & encouragingly stronger. Hope to keep him next year
O'Grady - 5 - He tries. He's sometimes quite good. Would've been nowhere near our first team in the previous 3 seasons

Kaz - 6
CMS - 5.5
Best - 1 - I've never, ever screamed abuse at an Albion player during a game & I've come close to a ruck shouting at people who do so but did anyone else see him (after not beginning to break sweat previously) losing it with the linesman as a late attack was going on around him? Utterly selfish & self-indulgent & unless I missed him having a testicle bitten, unforgiveable. Send him back
Agree.

We need LEO back ASAP, even if it costs 5 million to get him back, and a waver of the outstanding fee Leicester owe us.

Let's be CLEAR.

We need 4 EXCELLENT STRIKERS.

LEO must be our top target.

BRING ULLOA HOME, TONY.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Stockdale 7

Bruno 6
Greer 5 - love the man, but think his days here are possibly numbered now :(
Halford 8 - superb.
Bennett 5 - Wasn't helped by Texeira not bothering to get back, got put on toast by Redmond.

Ince - 7
Kayal - 7.5
Stephens - 7

Calderon - 6.5 - tried hard but didn't offer a great deal
O'Grady - 6 - despite efforts to hold the ball up but we didn't get plays near him quick enough.
Texeira - 7 - moments of magic, lazy defensively & looked a bit lost at times.

Best - billy big bollocks attitude... A capable footballer but poor application
CMS - did nothing really
Lualua - didn't get enough time but caused trouble at times.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Stockdale - 8. Made some excellent saves early doors which kept us in the game
Bruno - 6 Not the same player we saw against Derby and did not seem to have that partnership with Calderon.
Bennett - 5. I didn't feel that he was in the game and seemed a bit lazy in chasing down the ball that lead to the cross for the goal.
Greer - 6 Made a few mistakes.
Halford - 7 Made a very important save / tackle in the first half when a misplaced pass had put us in danger and looked the better of the two centre backs.
Kayal - 8. Love this man's work. Next year's captain I hope. Needs to work on his shooting in front of goal though.
Ince - 7 - That tackle near the front of the south west stand was fantastic.
Stephens - 6 Meh. I don't remember him doing much, he'll have better games.
Calde - 6. Didn't seem to be on the wing much and took a while for him to appear in the box.
Tex - 6 - Not his best game for us - should have scored just before half time.
O'Grady - 6 Hard work for him again, other than hold the ball up, there wasn't much for him to do. When he did get a chance in the 2nd half, the ball seemed to get stuck at his feet.

CM-S 5. Came close to scoring at one point but that was it. That attempt at chesting the ball down was woeful.
Lua Lua 5.5 Standard contribution from him: runs at some people and gets a free kick, or runs at some people, then stops to allow the defence to organise themselves. Just cross the ball in or pass it! :glare:
Best 2. I didn't see the incident other have referred to where he berated the linesman but what really annoyed me was that Teixiera had to come from a few yards behind him to go and close down their keeper (who looked like Iain Dowie). Shocking.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think Kayal has been great since we signed him but yesterday was his worst game for us. I don't know if he was tired from the travelling with Israel but he never got into the game and it was the right decision to substitute him early.

Not sure I totally agree with that as he was very influential in our late first half spell when he seemed to move further forward and link up with Texeira. However, he faded in the second half and I could see why he was substituted.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We probably deserved a point, but ...

Stockdale 7. Decent performance, but some of his distribution questionable.
Bruno 5. OK, but not our RB solution for next season.
Greer 3. Distribution very very poor ... again. Needs to be dropped.
Halford 8. Confident and assured on the ball. Great defending and distribution. Sign him up.
Bennett 5. At fault for allowing the cross for the goal. Otherwise an OK performance.
Ince 7. Very good, but maybe not at his absolute best.
Kayal 7. Another strong game.
Stephens 6. Getting back to his best.
Calderon 5. A nothing kind of game. Hardly involved in the first half.
Tex 7. Would have been an 8 or 9 if he had taken one of a number of options to shoot when in and around the box. A very talented player let down by some of his decision making.
O'Grady 7. Overall a fairly good game, but less luck than usual in claiming long balls. Some very good passing. Needs more support.

Subs:
Lua Lua 6. Probably should have been brought on earlier, but when he did arrive it took ten minutes for him to be given the ball.
CMS 4. Ran around a lot (as usual), but I doubt that was why he was brought on.
Best 1. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself for the complete lack of effort, but somehow I doubt he will be.

Manager 4. We should have started with a winger instead of Calderon, and substitutions (CMS and Best) completely baffling.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Kayal has been great since we signed him but yesterday was his worst game for us. I don't know if he was tired from the travelling with Israel but he never got into the game and it was the right decision to substitute him early.

Thought he played well. Perhaps he was tired, but we didn't look any stronger after he went off.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I must have been watching a different game to most on here Ince would just about get a 4 in my book MoM ridiculous the boy only made the one decent tackle!
This was the same dross I was watching under Hyypia! Our midfield is lightweight Norwich were average sadly we were worse!! Conclusion major overhaul in the summer!
Ince MoM :facepalm:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale 7.5 good saves, good distribution
Bruno 6 ok
Greer 5 not very good
Halford 8 MOM for me.
Bennett 6 ok and had no protection/support in front of him
Calde5 worked hard, but largely ineffective
Tex 6 hot and cold.
Kayal 7 worked hard, some good moments
Stephens 6 ok
Ince 7.5 best of the midfield
COG 6 held the ball up well and chased everything. his shooting is a bit lame

Subs:

kaz 6 his decision making for the time he was on the pitch was a lot better than usual
CMS 4 meh
Best 1 pointless

Overall. Dull game. Setting out with a hard working midfield made some sense, but we had no pace in the starting eleven to support any counter attack.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Fair enough. It's all about opinions. He was my man of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here