Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Postponed - Off

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Will they ever learn? How the hell do things change so much in an HOUR

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
feck sake, 12 o'clock check and its on so spend £26 on ticket only for it to be called off a hour later. Not happy.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Pah! Good job we didn't get the early train from Worthing, then :angry:

I'd just read the confirmation on the official site that the game was ON. It said nothing that I recall about further inspections ...

Me thinks there's going to be hundreds at least of fed up fans turning up at Withers :cry:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is it off or on now?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Temp only reached 1.5C 35F today, forecase to fall to 0C 32F by 4pm and -4C 25F tonight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the clincher was that the second half the pitch would really be freezing over with temperatures at or below 0C 32F by 4pm.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But why that could not have been predicted at 12pm God only know. Bit of a cock up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well he's right but he would have known that at 12pm so why he said it was ON and then changed his mind is a monumental cock up really.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
"It is 1pm and if the match kicked-off now it would probably be playable but by 3pm it will only get colder."

BULL SHIT . If they started then the players running round on it would stop it freezing!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
This is a joke, was relieved when I saw the game was on. SAKE.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But why that could not have been predicted at 12pm God only know. Bit of a cock up.

IT has been a lot warmer the last few days reaching 6C yesterday and today and is now 4C so no frost and no frost tonight. Game under no threat. A couple of frosts early next week and then much milder middle of next week.

I suggest you stick to selling houses :censored:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
"It is 1pm and if the match kicked-off now it would probably be playable but by 3pm it will only get colder."

BULL SHIT . If they started then the players running round on it would stop it freezing!!

If that is the case he should have called it off at 12 pm !. Bet loads of people are now in the pub without knowing and will turn up to be locked out.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I don't mind that it's off, it's just unbelievable that (as with the Gillingham game a couple of seasons back) that they can make two such contrasting observations within an hour, when the outcome was surely obvious?

At the VERY least they should have said we'll take a look again at 1300...

...and as at 1321, no-one has told the Beeb yet!
BBC SPORT | Football | Cold snap hits football fixtures

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here