Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day - 22:20 On BBC One

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shearer talking out of his arse.

If he had ‘run’ through Maupay I’d have no complaints but he put both hands on him and pushed him over.

Shearer making it up as goes along, to fit his black and white view of the world.

The only officiating/VAR change regarding contact seeks to limit “soft” pens and fouls where a player goes down from minimal contact.

I can’t see mention anywhere of players allegedly intent on blocking can now be cleared or wiped out of the way.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shearer making it up as goes along, to fit his black and white view of the world.

The only officiating/VAR change regarding contact seeks to limit “soft” pens and fouls where a player goes down from minimal contact.

I can’t see mention anywhere of players allegedly intent on blocking can now be cleared or wiped out of the way.

Lol..neatly summed up ..two pundits both strikers …supporting a view that gives the attacking player Carte Blanche to remove the defender :facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don’t understand how Watford have managed to keep hold of Sarr for the last 2 years, he’s far too good for them.

They were only up against Targett and Mings today though!

I have Targett in my Fantasy League team. He did well for me last season with clean sheets and assists. I may have to get rid. Sarr tore him apart. I am sure our management team will have a plan for him next week but he is certainly is their major threat.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Exactly. Corners will be great fun this season if blocking runners now means you can be thrown to the ground. That was completely different to running through someone or being too strong. He put up two hands and shoved him. I give it three weeks of these shoves getting better and better until var steps in. I wonder which team will be the first to be pulled up for “being stronger” - Shearer is just full of macho nonsense.

Just remove the macho from the comment and you are correct.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The thuggish behaviour of Burnley should have been highlighted and discussed, beginning with them scoring after a full blooded two handed shove on Maupay.

Yet they didn't even show the assaults on Biss and Maupay, both of which were clear red cards in my book.

Burnley are a revolting team, but are given a free ride on MOTD for some reason.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Lol..neatly summed up ..two pundits both strikers …supporting a view that gives the attacking player Carte Blanche to remove the defender :facepalm:

Exactly. If Maupay had pushed the Burnley player over, 100% a penalty would have been given

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

The key thing is that would have been a foul 30 years ago let alone now. You are not allowed to push players, shoulder charges used to be legit but in this non contact age, aren't allowed. However a clear shove with both hands. Shearer covered himself in his usual nonsense yesterday. Time for a complete change of MOTD personnel. As if Linekar and his constant drone about Leicester wasn't bad enough; we then had Ian WrIght sticking up for the South London Comedy Collective and basically saying they would get it right in time. I know they were playing European Champions but they really looked absolute gash.
Let's have more decent fact based objective comment and less extreme subjective emotive p!sh on MOTD!

TNBA

TTF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Their overall punditry on our match yesterday was pathetic. What they said about our performance my 8 yr old granddaughter could have come up with. Two good substitutions - Moder - 2 minutes later - MacAllister -,2 minutes later.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The key thing is that would have been a foul 30 years ago let alone now. You are not allowed to push players, shoulder charges used to be legit but in this non contact age, aren't allowed. However a clear shove with both hands. Shearer covered himself in his usual nonsense yesterday. Time for a complete change of MOTD personnel. As if Linekar and his constant drone about Leicester wasn't bad enough; we then had Ian WrIght sticking up for the South London Comedy Collective and basically saying they would get it right in time. I know they were playing European Champions but they really looked absolute gash.
Let's have more decent fact based objective comment and less extreme subjective emotive p!sh on MOTD!

TNBA

TTF

Playing European champions who played 120 minutes super-league final in Belfast 4 days earlier.
Arguably quite a good time to play them.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Just spotted Jay Racist fist pumping to the Albion supporters after the opener. Grudge?

Was getting the boo’s and chants before the game even started and the usual “Jay Rodriguez is a wanker” and “You racist bast***s, you know what you are”

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just watched the highlights again. I didn't see Maupays jump over the ball and Mac Argies leg so he could get the shot away before. Good awareness

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The montage at the start was absolutely class - a mix of prem football back crossed with a tribute to the superb England performances at the Euros :clap2:

Shearer totally wrong on the goal decision - you can’t shove someone with 2 hands - he didn’t run through him he used his HANDS Alan.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The montage at the start was absolutely class - a mix of prem football back crossed with a tribute to the superb England performances at the Euros :clap2:

Shearer totally wrong on the goal decision - you can’t shove someone with 2 hands - he didn’t run through him he used his HANDS Alan.

Ridiculous to put 3 strikers together they were never going to disagree, had a defender like Keown been there he would have totally disagreed and said why.
Wright is usually more honest and I like him but he just giggled.
All a waste of time anyway, ex pros still think they can play, still think they know better and will never go against the club they played for, ending up with a load of old bollox, if they think they are so good why are they not, or trying to be, a coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here