Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match From The Day- Walsall v Brentford-2008-9

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No, but I did go to the two previous games. Most notably the one where we hit the woodwork about five times and Dave Beasant made his debut.

Any news on the sale of the land? My friend Neil, ex-uni housemate, is a massive Saddler and wouldn't be too sad to see the back of Bonser completely. You might know him, he sells programmes and follows them around the land.

I was at the Bescot for your penalty shootout win over Reading - Super Jim!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I flew in from Amsterdam that day. Flight delayed. Mad drive in rain and mist up the M6 from Birmingham airport arriving just as the third goal went in. I was told that what came after was an improvement although from memory it was dross all round. Only el Abd who was playing at right back remains from that game.

If you want to go down memory lane how about last year with Calderon and Painter on debut and Albion winning 2-1 on a skating rink of a surface with snow piled round the sides of the pitch. As well as the two full backs, Elphick, Dicker, Bennett and Murray are likely to start tomorrow as they did that day and Navarro may be on the bench.

3500 there that day (about 500 Albion). Tomorrow we could have 3500 in blue and white!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was there.

It was, by a distance, the worst performance I had ever witnessed from a Brighton team....and amongst all the shite posing as a professional football team that night, one player stood out as King Turd....step forward David Livermore. He was bought as a midfielder who 'could play' at left back, I think we had a case under the trade descriptions act after that game. I love my team, I've supported them all my life but I actually drove home feeling embarrassed about them that night.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I was there.

It was, by a distance, the worst performance I had ever witnessed from a Brighton team....and amongst all the shite posing as a professional football team that night, one player stood out as King Turd....step forward David Livermore. He was bought as a midfielder who 'could play' at left back, I think we had a case under the trade descriptions act after that game. I love my team, I've supported them all my life but I actually drove home feeling embarrassed about them that night.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

I have never been so disgusted by a single player's contribution to a game as Livermore that night... he single handledly gave them all three goals in a torrid first half... his performance even eclipses that of Glen Thomas' 20 minute cameo at Brentford many years ago, if only because Thomas was responsible for only 2 goals (albeit in 15 mins).

Sadlad

Apr 15, 2011
Sorry folks for the confusion.. the topic was of course supposed to be v. Brighton and I posted a link which for some reason won't 'stick' in the body of the post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here