Match day programmes?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Won't be buying one anymore - too expensive for a flick through at the start of the game and then to be left on a shelf for eternity.

this
brought one for every game last season not brought one since the price increase
buy SLR instead

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have always bought one in the past as they have been a pretty good read although most of whats in them can be found via the website / argus etc. I stopped this season due to the cost increase as it I feel that one read and then they get filed in the loft so to keep my costs down I don't bother now. I have seen them this year and they seem as good as ever but for me it was just about reducing my costs on a match day as to why I've stopped getting them.

Yep - you and me both. I have boxes of the bloody things in the loft going back to the early 60s. Too sentimental to chuck out but not doing a lot up there.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The last one I bought was the first game at The Amex as I thought it was a good one to have. TBH I'd rather spend the money on a pint and I'd only end up chucking them away without really reading them.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Any excuse to share this...

www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk

Haha!

What he said.

I'm biased I know, but the programme is an essential part of my matchday routine and always will be. I would go without a pie if it came to that.

It's really interesting to see the evolution of the programme over the years, from the 40s and 50s when it was no more than a 4 page teamsheet with a few adverts, through to todays 84 page monster with a whole load of content.

The programme editors have a massive job on these days, coming up with content that is not available anywhere else. They also have to present it in a way that will pursuade people to buy.

I think our programme is superb. The design is excellent and the content brilliant!

Long may it continue.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Used to get them. Decided £3.50 was a price increase too far. Get much more out of reading the fanzine than the official programme, which, for obvious reasons, can be rather unquestioning and uncritical. Also thought the new cover style ruins a lot of the posterity in them - bland promo shots of the squad completely unrelated to the season and all looking exactly the same rather than covers reflecting events around the club and the progress of the season.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Have last few season sets. Never read at game, but work away a lot so take with me and read during the week to keep up my Albion fix.

Friends usually get me spares from 1901 which I get signed and sell via ebay, usually at less than cost price. Been in Turkey for last month so ebay ads will return this weekend for the remainder of my last season "Stock" and then I will be selling this season programmes shortly.

Thanks to all those who have purchased before, will put a link up via "Other stuff" on here.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I can't remember the last time i bought one. I've got loads up at my Dads from the 70s and 80s, he used to cut out the match reports from the paper and stick them in the next day.

My old man was ace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports