Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Match day parking

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone know if you can pass on a parking ticket if you have already downloaded it to your wallet?

If you can I have a parking ticket for today if anyone wants it as the weather has scuppered my plans.

Not surprised you aren’t going …hope it’s not too bad today where you are

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Logged in this morning to buy Parking for the Burnley and Villa games only to find the date has switched from 20/12 to Tbc. That's me scuppered. They'll go on sale and I'll miss it. There's more important things to worry about, but it's an added little one.

Good news is there's some extra bookable Park and Ride turned up for Brentford.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Logged in this morning to buy Parking for the Burnley and Villa games only to find the date has switched from 20/12 to Tbc. That's me scuppered. They'll go on sale and I'll miss it. There's more important things to worry about, but it's an added little one.

Good news is there's some extra bookable Park and Ride turned up for Brentford.

Yep.

Another example of fantastic customer relations from Barber. Usually these go on sale at the same time as match tickets - are they still on sale for the games? I haven't checked.

The club's attitude to its fans is driving me bonkers at the moment.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
The match tickets are not on sale either because the TV picks for these rounds have not been made. So kin fact the club is avoiding selling you a ticket for a date that might be wrong. Very sensible I would say.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep.

Another example of fantastic customer relations from Barber. Usually these go on sale at the same time as match tickets - are they still on sale for the games? I haven't checked.

The club's attitude to its fans is driving me bonkers at the moment.

Any opportunity to have a dig at the club we love. It’s clearly explained on the ticketing page why there has been a delay. Sometimes circumstances change and the club has to make changes.

Lower West Stand eh?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Any opportunity to have a dig at the club we love. It’s clearly explained on the ticketing page why there has been a delay. Sometimes circumstances change and the club has to make changes.

Lower West Stand eh?

Yep - Lower West Stand. Same seat since the Amex opened. That ok?

Or does that mean I'm a terrible fan because I dare to criticise the club and have a season ticket in a posh bit? Real fans only go in the North Stand right? And you're only a real fan if you never criticise the club.

And what difference does it make when its on TV?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep - Lower West Stand. Same seat since the Amex opened. That ok?

Or does that mean I'm a terrible fan because I dare to criticise the club and have a season ticket in a posh bit? Real fans only go in the North Stand right? And you're only a real fan if you never criticise the club.

And what difference does it make when its on TV?

If it’s on TV the day or ko time will change. Delaying the ticket sales until this is known will save fans buying tickets and then finding out they can’t go.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
No....

I am talking about parking. I already have a season ticket so it is to be assumed I'll be going whatever the day and time.

But your ST status is irrelevant to the parking issue. Parking is entirely first come first served. It can't be sold before match tickets are available unless you want people to guess if they can go or not. That may be ok for you but most may have a different view if a match is moved to Friday or Monday evening or to Sunday.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But your ST status is irrelevant to the parking issue. Parking is entirely first come first served. It can't be sold before match tickets are available unless you want people to guess if they can go or not. That may be ok for you but most may have a different view if a match is moved to Friday or Monday evening or to Sunday.

You have completely missed the point.

I have a season ticket. I am not guessing - I know I am going. That's why I bought a parking season ticket in previous years. When you say "most", I am assume you are talking about non STHs. How many people buying match day parking are doing so in conjunction with buying a ticket for the game as opposed to STHs who go to every game?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
You have completely missed the point.

I have a season ticket. I am not guessing - I know I am going. That's why I bought a parking season ticket in previous years. When you say "most", I am assume you are talking about non STHs. How many people buying match day parking are doing so in conjunction with buying a ticket for the game as opposed to STHs who go to every game?

Before I renewed my ST at the Club, I emailed them and asked if they intend to sell car parking season tickets at Sussex University. They said "yes, when we are back up to full capacity". For the club to then go back on this and put the metaphorical middle finger up has left a sour taste in quite a few people's mouths. I emailed the Club and they refuted the two were linked, but the email the Club sent me before renewal gives an "offer for service" (or whatever it's called).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm not going now. I have a link for a space at The Bridge going begging for Brentford tonight if I can send it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here