Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Day parking at Wilde Park

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Evening all,

No longer have a parking permit for Coldean and looking for alternatives. Does anyone use Wilde Park on a match day? If so are there any restrictions which I should know about?

Ta

Baz

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Free parking is available there but fills up fast. There are no restrictions and it’s either a 20 min walk or can jump on a bus to the stadium (run every 5mins or so along Lewes road)

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Turn up in a caravan and just dump it wherever you like. No ticket, no clamping, time to watch the game and back before ineffective Brighton council give you the desired paperwork.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have a mate that parks in Stanmer Park for every match. It's pay and display now so as long as the car is properly parked and paid for it's not a problem (for them at any rate). I'd have thought stewards would be at the entrance stopping football parking but doesn't appear so.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Have a mate that parks in Stanmer Park for every match. It's pay and display now so as long as the car is properly parked and paid for it's not a problem (for them at any rate). I'd have thought stewards would be at the entrance stopping football parking but doesn't appear so.
Ok.... interesting..... when I've walked up past Stanmer there has always been stewards there

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ok.... interesting..... when I've walked up past Stanmer there has always been stewards there
Knowing this particular mate I could imagine they probably don't tell the full truth to the stewards.

Stewie

Feb 22, 2009
I drove past Wild park just over a couple of hours before kick off on New Year’s Eve and it didn’t look like there was much if any space left then.

The stewards on the way into the uni car parks seemed to have moved to nearly the entrance of the first car park, so there wouldn’t have been any problem getting into Stanmer park.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How do they differentiate park users from football supporters using the parking ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How do they differentiate park users from football supporters using the parking ?
Good question and I don't know the answer. Imagine if you've a car full of blokes in football shirts they might guess you're going to the match but other than that?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'Yes mate, we're all erm, walking the dog'

theitalianmatch_van51.jpg

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Good question and I don't know the answer. Imagine if you've a car full of blokes in football shirts they might guess you're going to the match but other than that?
Have no idea how the differentiated us, but, I've parked there since mid-way through last season, and the last couple of games I've had a warning slapped on my car so I think there is going to be an imminent clamp (hopefully not literally) down on football parking. Additionally, seems to be less of a well-kept secret now, and you need to be there at least two hours prior to kick off to get a space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here