Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Clock

seagull273

Dec 2, 2008
Am I the only one bothered by the timing clock on the big screen only showing minutes! What about the seconds? It's just not right without them....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*tsk* at the Sussex Senior Cup it didn't even show that! are you lot NEVER happy? :p

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Not bothered about seconds, but yeah, definitely needs to carry on through out injury time. Perhaps change colour like the old telly box.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Don't people wear watches anymore? I reckon there shouldn't be a clock tbh. Players will be spending time looking at it when they should be concentrating on the game ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't people wear watches anymore?

Remembering to look it at at kick off is the hard bit, don't do that and you end up guessing how long to go. I need a stadium clock, happy with it just showing minutes though.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I only mentioned it as I used to write match reports for a local non-league club, which involved watching the game, looking at my watch for the timings of incidents and writing in my own version of shorthand. It must be said there was a game down at Pagham on a bitterly cold January afternoon, that had five minute gaps in the report, due to me needing to put my frozen hands in my pockets to warm up! Unbelievable game that finished 5-4 :smile:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
yes, it has to stop at 45 then we can get our fergie time (gus time)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I only mentioned it as I used to write match reports for a local non-league club, which involved watching the game, looking at my watch for the timings of incidents and writing in my own version of shorthand. It must be said there was a game down at Pagham on a bitterly cold January afternoon, that had five minute gaps in the report, due to me needing to put my frozen hands in my pockets to warm up! Unbelievable game that finished 5-4 :smile:

There was clearly a weather ELEMENT in that then. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here