Match Abandoned Time

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
How far into the game do you have to be if the match is abandoned for the score to be brought forward? I got told the game has to be an hour in for a score to be forwarded if abandoned, but someone else said 70, and another 80, and recently someone said 89, and I also heard that one half of the game has to be played for the result to be brought forward:shrug:

What is it? Or does there have to be a replay? Because I remember a match where Luton were 6-0 down about 15 minutes to play and the rain got so bad the game was abandoned, Luton played a replay and won:lolol:
In that situation if the games abandoned and your 4-5 nil down with not long to go then having a replay is a joke.

Does anyone have an answer?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I thought if the game was into the second half and abandoned the score stood ???

It doesn't seem logical to replay games abandoned with ten or fifteen minutes to go, as if it is crucial for promotion/relegation etc., the hoolie element would invade the pitch to get the game stopped Shirley?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can't think of any abandoned games whether the score is brought forward to the replayed match. Either a result is allowed to stand (for example, if a losing team's fans invade to try to get a match abandoned) or they replay at 0-0.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The FIFA rule book simply states that an abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules state otherwise.

The game between Sheffield United and West Brom, famously dubbed "The Battle of Bramall Lane" was abandoned after 82 mins and the result (3-0 to West Brom) stood. I believe that after 80 mins play the FA can rule the result to stand but also can order a replay. If the game is abandoned before 80 mins have been played then a replay will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports