Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

massive wolves turnout

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is some good footage of them at Wigan last game of last season,they seemed to enjoy themselves???

Check it out on you tube.

Why that Wolves fan jumps into the Wigan lot is beyond me :facepalm:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
This is another championship club with lower average attendance than us. We have played them many times before with very little aggro, quite often at the end of the season in bright sunshine. We usually score 3, and they very politely lose, at least that's how I remember the 80"s.

So they get 2,500(ish) tickets, no more as we can sell them to our own fans. Then a couple of hundred ticketless numpties threaten to turn up? Wow, scary, not.

Cannot get into game and attract police attention, afternoon over. In town on a Saturday night, bank holiday or not? Many have tried (Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham etc), to be fair only Pompey had any success, but that was an 'in and out' job, not here for the weekend just that evening, off season too.

So please stop quaking youngsters, Wolves will be no worse than Leeds, Palace or Millwall, and probably will go home quietly on Saturday afternoon instead.

well said agreed with all the above [ although they only got 2000 tickets ]

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
nice pics .
regards
DR

I remember that game,BBC going for it at the end , I also remember one of them waving the corner flag around like a samurai sword.
He later write a book and that day was mentioned, I vaguely remember him saying we were pretty game.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Not on pitch with rest of us then, easy excess from west no fences

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Naughty boy, no worries in those days before CCTV, always enjoyed a run on the pitch last game

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
think its save to say,next weekend is going to be a very sedate affair:whistle:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
pmsl just seen about 200 wolves run from about 20 old bill on pitch on you tube,

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Excuse my lack of knowledge about that day at the Goldstone:

Which club's fans are the gang with Pringles jumpers and moustaches?

And conversely, the single character with the dark mullet opposing the mob?

The gang of casuals are Sheffield. They climbed over the ne away terrace when some of us had gone on the pitch to celebrate the end of the season. They charged. Brighton ran away (except for the gentleman you point out it would appear). After Brighton re-grouped, a counter charge ensued and a fair number of Sheffield fans were beaten up. Eventually the police turned up with horses on the pitch and it all settled down. That's my recollection anyway for what it's worth.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The gang of casuals are Sheffield. They climbed over the ne away terrace when some of us had gone on the pitch to celebrate the end of the season. They charged. Brighton ran away (except for the gentleman you point out it would appear). After Brighton re-grouped, a counter charge ensued and a fair number of Sheffield fans were beaten up. Eventually the police turned up with horses on the pitch and it all settled down. That's my recollection anyway for what it's worth.

They got over and grouped in the nw corner, we charged first and they did indeed get a shoeing, but it was them who regrouped and were joined by many more who then ran back at us, they had bottle for sure, they also got stuck in by the footbridge over the station....mayhem.

Feb 3, 2013
They got over and grouped in the nw corner, we charged first and they did indeed get a shoeing, but it was them who regrouped and were joined by many more who then ran back at us, they had bottle for sure, they also got stuck in by the footbridge over the station....mayhem.

I was there and you're correct. I was on my toes when they regrouped as there was to many of them. I was 16 at the time.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
One group of Sheffield fans came on from the South Stand Seats and chased the young fans of the pitch a small Brighton crew came back at them and turned the tide and the Sheffield guys tried to climb into the North East corner with the rest of the Sheffield fans ,watched it on telly as I was playing cricket.:tantrum:

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove

Recall one of the blades got drag down from the fence while trying to escape,he was dragged by his belcher chain which ended up round his mouth,a brighton lad bumped into the same bloke in spain on the holidays and he still had marks each side of his mouth:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here