Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

massive wolves turnout

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why are you afraid ? There's really no need to be.

You'll be fine. I promise.

I'm afraid, Easy. It's a bank holiday after all. And the BBC haven't even announced whether they'll be showing The Sound of Music yet. I mean: what sort of poor planning is that? :nono:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
About 1985?

I was at that with my dad - I was 10 and in the South Family Stand - atthe end everyone ran on the pitch and I wanted to run on but my dad said no - I was really confused as it looked like fun, he said "son watch what happens in 2 minutes and tell me if you still want to go out there" - literally 30 seconds later it all kicked off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whereas I think there may be a few exceptions, I think that there will be mostly sheep in Wolves clothing as historically they have not tended to be naughty.

Besides, the reasonable ones will have recognised that they stole a point from us at Molineux (or whatever)

Things have got very lively in town the night before a game in the late 1980s when i was a wee lad,Wolves would be a high profile game for the Police to deal with make no mistake.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I was at that with my dad - I was 10 and in the South Family Stand - atthe end everyone ran on the pitch and I wanted to run on but my dad said no - I was really confused as it looked like fun, he said "son watch what happens in 2 minutes and tell me if you still want to go out there" - literally 30 seconds later it all kicked off.

If I remember correctly, at the end of the game, they fired off a flare that just missed the West Stand.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can only imagine that a small number of Wolves fans would want trouble, not as revenge against a club they have no rivalry with, but out of frustration and anger against the Board should they go down again.

Hopefully WM and Sussex Police will be switched on to this threat over the entire weekend.

Jan 30, 2008
Can only imagine that a small number of Wolves fans would want trouble, not as revenge against a club they have no rivalry with, but out of frustration and anger against the Board should they go down again.

Hopefully WM and Sussex Police will be switched on to this threat over the entire weekend.
i'm sure their keeping tabs on this thread :wink:
regards
DR

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

After going on a wolves forum it seems a few fans are concerned about their fans shaming their club on the last day of the season if they got relegated at Brighton a large following going, could be a busy day for the stewards & Police if they were to lose

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sheff utd at the goldstone

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Basically about 100 Brighton lads took the piss out of Wolverhampton they wasn't expecting it . I read they felt humiliated by it . It done the rounds on a lot of naughty web sites .. Staying up or going down they are popping down to the seaside . ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is another championship club with lower average attendance than us. We have played them many times before with very little aggro, quite often at the end of the season in bright sunshine. We usually score 3, and they very politely lose, at least that's how I remember the 80"s.

So they get 2,500(ish) tickets, no more as we can sell them to our own fans. Then a couple of hundred ticketless numpties threaten to turn up? Wow, scary, not.

Cannot get into game and attract police attention, afternoon over. In town on a Saturday night, bank holiday or not? Many have tried (Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham etc), to be fair only Pompey had any success, but that was an 'in and out' job, not here for the weekend just that evening, off season too.

So please stop quaking youngsters, Wolves will be no worse than Leeds, Palace or Millwall, and probably will go home quietly on Saturday afternoon instead.

Very true.

NSC is acting a little tinpot over this. Far too much quaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here