Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass cancelling of Sky Sports and BT Sports

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Now TV subscription was getting it for £21 pcm and incredibly easy to cancel, no human interaction required...wait to the end of the month just to see if anything is on the horizon...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, they'd ruin your credit file, but if you don't want to borrow for a house or car at a reasonable rate then no big deal.

So basically you're saying that you're enslaved to your content provider even tho they're failing to provide you with the content you signed up for?

Off yer knees serf :rolleyes:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So basically you're saying that you're enslaved to your content provider even tho they're failing to provide you with the content you signed up for?
Off yer knees serf :rolleyes:
Not me.

I don't touch Sky/BT with a barge pole.

Amazon Prime + Now TV + Netflix. No cancellation hassle, just stop paying when you want to stop watching.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I pay (paid) £5.99 for Sky Sports on Now TV mobile (only). Went to cancel this morning and it switched to £1/month for three months.

Good value... for repeats. :mad:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Murdoch sold up ages ago, Comcast bought it and I dare say they have the finances to take the hit

Indeed. Still wouldn't want to ski down this...

NASDAQ  CMCSA - Google Search.png

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I just tied myself to a new Virgin deal a few weeks ago however think i may still be able to remove BT and Skysports.

This thread also made me think if there isn't going to be any sport.... the bookies will also take a massive hit,

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Tried to remove the sky sports package on line - wont let me - Is this right ?? - Do you have to go through the frustrations of phoning them ??

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This thread has lead me to form the conclusion that there is a "Yang" to every "Ying"

By that I mean. OK there will be massive hit to the Economy and people's personal incomes.

On the flip side if there is nowhere to go. No pubs. No football. No restaurants. No gambling. Nowhere to spend or in some cases "Overspend" - Those people massively in debt . Some of them could use the period to curb their overspending.

It falls down if they don't get paid during this period. However those who can work from home and still keep earnings the same but have lesser outgoings will be better off.

This is a light hearted summary not to be taken over seriously by people.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
This thread has lead me to form the conclusion that there is a "Yang" to every "Ying"

By that I mean. OK there will be massive hit to the Economy and people's personal incomes.

On the flip side if there is nowhere to go. No pubs. No football. No restaurants. No gambling. Nowhere to spend or in some cases "Overspend" - Those people massively in debt . Some of them could use the period to curb their overspending.

It falls down if they don't get paid during this period. However those who can work from home and still keep earnings the same but have lesser outgoings will be better off.

This is a light hearted summary not to be taken over seriously by people.

With any luck it might make the vendors think about how much they charge for this junk in the first place.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I just tied myself to a new Virgin deal a few weeks ago however think i may still be able to remove BT and Skysports.

This thread also made me think if there isn't going to be any sport.... the bookies will also take a massive hit,
They might be a 'cooling off' period in your contract.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No idea why people commit to signing contracts with Sky. They accept non contract deals if you are savvy enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here