[Albion] Mason Greenwood, would you want him at the Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mason Greenwood, would YOU want him at the Albion?

• Yes

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 386 93.0%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But there's no proof he raped her is there?

He was obviously acting like a complete twat and completely and utterly disgustingly wrong in this one outburst. But this is a young kid and his whole life has been ruined by the media and people who are happy to string him up in a kangaroo court , judge jury and executioner, despite, after due process, all charges being dropped against him by the authorities.

Anyway despite what I say above I still wouldnt take him at Brighton!
Most, if not all, are simply saying he’s a wrong ‘un. Even you admit this is evident from the tape. Did he rape her? Who knows. Did he act in a truly vile way towards her? Make your own mind up from the tape. To me it’s compelling, and he has not denied the voice is his to my knowledge.

As for being strung up…maybe if he showed some remorse for his “completely and utterly disgustingly” behavior, as you put it, maybe folk would think differently?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
But there's no proof he raped her is there?

He was obviously acting like a complete twat and completely and utterly disgustingly wrong in this one outburst. But this is a young kid and his whole life has been ruined by the media and people who are happy to string him up in a kangaroo court , judge jury and executioner, despite, after due process, all charges being dropped against him by the authorities.

Anyway despite what I say above I still wouldnt take him at Brighton!
This isn’t what happened. She backed out, meaning their key witness couldn’t have the case built around them.

This has nothing to do with due process and it’s a total misdirection to suggest otherwise.

Also, the media didn’t ruin his life. He’s still playing professional football on obscene money in arguably the second best league in the world.

Anything bad that’s happened to him has happened on account of his appalling actions, and as many have said, he’s shown no remorse for it. You’re also overlooking the impact on her from the social media backlash that she, the victim, received from ignorant idiots trying to defend his actions just because he’s a famous footballer.

I can’t believe we still have people trying to defend this utter c**t.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
quite a peculiar thread. some will state they never want to see a particular player here because of their previous club, a tackle 8 years ago, or their hair. for some reason a few think objecting due to real evidence of being a nasty **** isn't fair, because it didn't go to court. weird.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Everton would be the type of team that would sign him
Nah, it’s not about what the clubs want on pitch. He was hounded out of Man United by their plastic fans against the wants of the club, public perception of him hasn’t changed and optics are important to all Premier League clubs. He’s a marketing nightmare and not so good that you could ignore that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
But many of the posters so far have insinuated that there’s no smoke without fire?

IMG_0070.png

That is what you’re defending. I think 99.99% of our fans wouldn’t want a player who said that anywhere near our club ever again.

With your attitude I really hope you don’t have a wife or daughters, because your attitude doesn’t paint a pretty existence for them.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
View attachment 182013

That is what you’re defending. I think 99.99% of our fans wouldn’t want a player who said that anywhere near our club ever again.

With your attitude I really hope you don’t have a wife or daughters, because your attitude doesn’t paint a pretty existence for them.
Have not defended the guy in any way shape or form. Just highlighting the double standards of many.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But many of the posters so far have insinuated that there’s no smoke without fire?
Don’t know if the case notes are still online anywhere but they were interesting reading at the time.

Dunky comes off quite well if memory serves (which was the reason he was acquitted early) but the rest are morally questionable.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Unless anybody on here would defend the audio of one of our players trying to rape their girlfriend then your straw man is absolute horseshit, unfortunately.
Nobody on here has stood up on here and said they were unhappy with Bissouma playing for our club when he was the subject of sexual assault allegations. That’s where the double standards quite clearly lie.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Come on Poskett stop flirting aroh d your half baked point on this thread, it has gone on too long.

Be brave, make your point and stand by it. Currently you are looking a little uncertain, almost as though you realise you are on somewhat shaky ground.

Why would you be happy to have him here?

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Come on Poskett stop flirting aroh d your half baked point on this thread, it has gone on too long.

Be brave, make your point and stand by it. Currently you are looking a little uncertain, almost as though you realise you are on somewhat shaky ground.

Why would you be happy to have him here?
I asked the question. Has he been convinced? I also asked the question regarding Bissouma. Double standards quite clearly being the norm. Such a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports