Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mason Greenwood charged with attempted rape

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Rightly or wrongly guilty in the court of public opinion however.

Almost certainly no way back at United, but will another EPL or Championship club take a punt on him?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Almost certainly no way back at United, but will another EPL or Championship club take a punt on him?
I think you may be right about public opinion.. However not surprising when you consider content of video at time that included sound

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I suspect a career abroad awaits. He'll still have several £million in the bank before he's 30. :(

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Interesting wording of the police statement, that seemed to imply because the chief witness has withdrawn cooperation , they have no choice but to drop the charges . Not exactly a ringing endorsement that he was innocent of all the charges .

To be fair having listened to the tape recording , he’s clearly a very unpleasant chap .

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Do Utd have grounds to sack him? I guess it will depend on what his contract states about gross misconduct.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do Utd have grounds to sack him? I guess it will depend on what his contract states about gross misconduct.
I'm sure they do. But even if they don't, he'd be foolish to challenge them.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
whilst no charges have been made doesn’t mean he is innocent nor is he guilty. Having seen the video of his g/f all over Twitter I cannot see how Man Utd can have him back - the negative PR would be enormous. Whether this is fair on Greenwood or not is hard to stay - I feel he may have to go overseas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
whilst no charges have been made doesn’t mean he is innocent nor is he guilty. Having seen the video of his g/f all over Twitter I cannot see how Man Utd can have him back - the negative PR would be enormous. Whether this is fair on Greenwood or not is hard to stay - I feel he may have to go overseas.
Thing is, he's innocent currently...United can't sack him or tear up his contract. There is going to have to be some serious negotiations to get a resolution.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Thing is, he's innocent currently...United can't sack him or tear up his contract. There is going to have to be some serious negotiations to get a resolution.
I agree- this is going to cost Man U a lot of money which ever way they go

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If United sack him (if they can), he will be a free agent, looking to get a huge signing on bonus, while United get nothing. It would be a nice gesture - virtue signalling and all that - if United sack him, but it'll cost them the £20 to £40M or so that they could get as a transfer fee from some team abroad that doesn't mind the smell. I wonder which side the Glazers will drop?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who knew having a load of money puts you above the law, allegedly.
Sorry would love to answer but I’m off to read the Katie Price thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here