Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mashed Potato,how do you like it and what with ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I love mash potato with liver and onions and cabbage. With toad in the hole.

I make it with a little milk and supermarket spread.

Sometimes I have a bowl of mash potato with an onion gravy.

Sausages and onion gravy - homemade, of course. The mash needs to be made smooth with lots of butter and cream. With real failure I'm not supposed to eat potato at all, so my consultant would tell me off. I'm not sure a cardiac doctor would be too happy either !

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
45 posts and not a single mention of the star ingredient... not all potatoes are equal.. for mash it is Maris Piper for me [emoji106]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
After the potatoes have been strained, put them back in the pot and with a sharp knife, dice. Add milk and butter (not spread, real butter). Mash with masher. Add mustard and creme de Brie, whisk vigorously with a fork for amazing mash. Serve with onion gravy, venison sausages and peas.

Agree with all this except as a carnivore I can't agree with peas, just add another sausage... :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Lacking a masher or ricer, I once experimented with other kitchen equipment. I ended up having some success with an unplugged stick blender but it was still rather lumpy. "Why not blend it?" I thought. It certainly rid the mash of lumps but little did I know it had broken down the starch molecules and created something akin to wallpaper paste.

Terrible mash but a lesson in molecular gastronomy.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Sausage's or pie. Pissing with cream and butter, served with onion gravy. Absolutely no lumps.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Lacking a masher or ricer, I once experimented with other kitchen equipment. I ended up having some success with an unplugged stick blender but it was still rather lumpy. "Why not blend it?" I thought. It certainly rid the mash of lumps but little did I know it had broken down the starch molecules and created something akin to wallpaper paste.

Terrible mash but a lesson in molecular gastronomy.

Heston Blumenthal would be impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here