Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous scenes at Old Trafford

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I remember meeting a couple of Albion fans in Kangaroo Island in 98 who said to me that's is so good to meet a Brighton fan who lives in Manchester rather than a manure fan who lives in Brighton... Let's hope the latter become an endangered species

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Am I the only person who doesn't really give two flying f**ks that Man Utd are doing badly? They've been the best and are now now struggling with results..so what?

I'll start to sit up and take notice of the Prem and what happens in it when we get there. It has nothing to do with us at the moment. A lot of my friends who support premiership teams are enjoying it, when I be asked them why they hate Man Utd the usual generic response is that they hate Fergie etc etc and now Moyes is in charge they have a chance of winning the league.

To me it just smacks of jealousy because Utd have been consistently winning at the highest level and their teams haven't.

It's not jealousy. it's totally reasonable. I wanted benfica to win the European Cup in 1968 or whenever it was. I am an Albion fan now, and I was then, too.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I do love the way the BBC always points the camera at fergie after the match
bulldog chewing a wasp that has been soaked in lemons

or what

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hey hey hey...there's a bloke who sits in ESL with a tattoo on his forearm of the Man Utd badge with the legend underneath "United til' I die"... He happily sports this whilst wearing an Albion Shirt and professing his love for us (loudly)...has anyone ele seen such a JCL continuity error? The rot at manure has set in I fear. Good.

Yea a fella that sits near me is a man u fan always banging on about them as well really embrassing! I could never get a season ticket for another club don t understand why you would do that.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm sure it won't last but seeing man U fans going through the same ranges of hope, frustration and despair that fans of other clubs routinely experience is very enjoyable.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Making Moyes the manager was like giving the Prime Minister's role to Harry Enfield. Guaranteed lots oflaughs but really not a good idea.

Moyes was mediocre at Everton with , admittedley scant resources to cal upon. But Everton under Martinez have shown what the previous decade were all about. Paucity of Moyes!

I just love seeing them suffer. Fulham were dire but still managed to scramble a draw.

I reckon Arsenal will bounce back and humiliate them even further on Wednesday.

TNBA

TTF

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Man u were the club that went the wrong way first with stock market flotation etc. Sky came and ruined football a whole lot more but both events have been disastrous for our game. Most of the calls on the radio were 'fans' moaning that it was a disaster for their club as they need the money . Ridiculous. Spend time being Rochdale or Plymouth or Macclesfield. Those are the clubs that could do with the money.

So personally,I find it funny to witness their pain and I feel hopeful that they will self destruct like Liverpool in the 90's.

Although I'm not bothered one way or the other concerning Man Utds plight, Spurs were in fact the first to float through one of Scholars holding companies in 1983. I view Man U, Chelsea and Man City in the same light really. I like to see all three lose to the underdog but I don't have some peoples hatred for them.

Anyway come on you Arsenal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Although I'm not bothered one way or the other concerning Man Utds plight, Spurs were in fact the first to float through one of Scholars holding companies in 1983. I view Man U, Chelsea and Man City in the same light really. I like to see all three lose to the underdog but I don't have some peoples hatred for them.

On that sir, I stand corrected.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good result Man U dropped a point and we will play Fulham next season if we don't go up. Just think if Fulham West ham and Palace are relegated and QPR fail to go up and Charlton and Millwall avoid relegation and Orient come up A lot less distance to travel! Our fans deserve less travelling! But don't think this is going to Happen.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I LOVE what's happening at the moment. For one reason and one reason only... Those glory hunting ******* Man United fans.

The easy choice as a young kid was to support Man United. Why? because they WON. All the bloody time. Just support Man U and you won't ever have to defend your choice of team in the playground because eventually, they'll win a cup or the league or Europe. Don't bother supporting Brighton. They're rubbish.

And now look. No longer superior. No longer a certainty to score the winner in the 95th minute. Now, they're just another team in the premier league. And the playgrounds are FULL of Brighton shirts.

Marvelous. Bloody marvelous.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

Manchester United only floated on the stock market in the aftermath of Michael Knighton's botched takeover in 1989. They took the decision so as not to make themselves vulnerable to being under the control of one individual. Which is ironic (not in an Alanis Morissette sort of way) because as it turned out, being a PLC in fact resulted in them becoming vulnerable to the control of one individual by virtue of Malcolm Glazer buying up enough shares to assume overall control.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that City are doing so well adds some salt to the wounds that United fans are feeling.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Making Moyes the manager was like giving the Prime Minister's role to Harry Enfield. Guaranteed lots oflaughs but really not a good idea.

Moyes was mediocre at Everton with , admittedley scant resources to cal upon. But Everton under Martinez have shown what the previous decade were all about. Paucity of Moyes!

While some of your comments about Moyes' suitability for such a big job are valid, you are being very harsh about his performance as Everton manager. He transformed the club from being relegation material which they were under his predecessor Walter Smith to being top 6 regulars in the course of a decade. The reason that the transition has been seamless at Everton under Martinez is because Moyes left him with an improving team which was already playing good football. Martinez just added to that, particularly by making some astute loan signings. Without Moyes' work, Everton would be nowhere near the top 6 place they are now accustomed to holding down.

Admittedly he probably had taken Everton as far as he could go and he also helped unwittingly to improve their performance this season by signing Marouane Fellaini, resulting in their play being less one-dimensional. But that does not detract from the good job he did at Everton over a number of seasons.

I LOVE what's happening at the moment. For one reason and one reason only... Those glory hunting ******* Man United fans.

The easy choice as a young kid was to support Man United. Why? because they WON. All the bloody time. Just support Man U and you won't ever have to defend your choice of team in the playground because eventually, they'll win a cup or the league or Europe. Don't bother supporting Brighton. They're rubbish.

And now look. No longer superior. No longer a certainty to score the winner in the 95th minute. Now, they're just another team in the premier league. And the playgrounds are FULL of Brighton shirts.

Marvelous. Bloody marvelous.

Fantastic post which sums up exactly why I hate them as much as I do Palace

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am I the only person who doesn't really give two flying f**ks that Man Utd are doing badly? They've been the best and are now now struggling with results..so what?

I'll start to sit up and take notice of the Prem and what happens in it when we get there. It has nothing to do with us at the moment. A lot of my friends who support premiership teams are enjoying it, when I be asked them why they hate Man Utd the usual generic response is that they hate Fergie etc etc and now Moyes is in charge they have a chance of winning the league.

To me it just smacks of jealousy because Utd have been consistently winning at the highest level and their teams haven't.

It's entertaining, it's a break from the status quo. It's nothing to do with BHA, it's to do with being into football generally. The Prem is superb entertainment this year, great at the top and bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here