Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous BBC2 at 9pm

SAC

May 21, 2014
Same as all the other recent posters, I watched it on catch up last night and thought it was excellent. My 19 year old was watching some streamed film on his laptop but stopped and watched it too. Excellent TV.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It was fantastic. Top top telly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just too late to watch it on iPlayer but somebody's put it on Youtube so all is well. Astoundingly good television. I defy anybody not to enjoy it thoroughly. Worth every one of the truckload of awards coming its way.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Nello.jpg

:lolol:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just watched it, only two words for it, bloody marvellous! thanks for the link, I thought I had missed it! :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Currently being repeated on BBC2 so if you have never seen this I strongly recommend you do it is a superb one-off of a quite amazing person.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Good to see that this is back - excellent viewing.

I played for Neil for 2 years between the sticks and incurred a fair amount of criticism from the gaffer during games! Nice to know that there is a record of all my games stenciled with felt tip pens somewhere in the Potteries.

Cant remember if this is in the film but every time the England job became available he would apply. He'd justify his application by cherry picking statistics from his long spell in charge of our club, no doubt his remarkable run as being player of the season for every year running would be in that letter somewhere. I think that every time he missed out he'd be genuinely surprised. I understand that the last few times the FA have written him a nice rejection letter.

If you haven't seen it yet, give it a go. Great TV for a great guy.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Good to see that this is back - excellent viewing.

I played for Neil for 2 years between the sticks and incurred a fair amount of criticism from the gaffer during games! Nice to know that there is a record of all my games stenciled with felt tip pens somewhere in the Potteries.

Cant remember if this is in the film but every time the England job became available he would apply. He'd justify his application by cherry picking statistics from his long spell in charge of our club, no doubt his remarkable run as being player of the season for every year running would be in that letter somewhere. I think that every time he missed out he'd be genuinely surprised. I understand that the last few times the FA have written him a nice rejection letter.

If you haven't seen it yet, give it a go. Great TV for a great guy.

Wow, really? And did you think the TV show portrayed him accurately? (I know he was actually in it too) Having never met him watching that programme it's hard to not think they're hamming things up a bit at times.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Wow, really? And did you think the TV show portrayed him accurately? (I know he was actually in it too) Having never met him watching that programme it's hard to not think they're hamming things up a bit at times.

188735_4610628270_7868_n.jpg

Yeah, found this one the other day. Its my debut! Although I'm not the keeper in this one, I played outfield.

It was a very decent effort I think. He'd obviously spent a lot of time with him, he had his mannerisms down almost perfectly - particularly that shuffle with carrier bag in hand!

They didn't ham it up at all, that's pretty much how he is.

Did meet a few members of the team sometime after it came out. We all agreed though that some of his criticism was very stinging, and we were disappointed that this wasn't portrayed. Some players (and he had his favourites too!) could never please him, one player in particular was called a 'bloody DH' 20 times a game without fail. It was hilarious. At full time though that would be it, and he'd be everyones friend again - he just took it seriously and hated losing. He'll be there tomorrow (Friday) evening at the training pitch, under layers and layers of jackets coats and fleeces, he'll be surrounded by carrier bags full of his notes and stenciled drawings. There might be 50 faces there, but he'll know everyone. If someone new turns up, he'll get up and shuffle across to welcome him. Marvellous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here