Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martinez gone?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not quite as bad as those tossy Arsenal fans who want Wenger out despite 16 consecutive years of Champions League football, and the possibility of a second place finish this season.

Very outside chance of 2nd Spurs need 1 point at Newcastle and Arsenal win by 13 at home to Villa or Spurs lose for either to be 2nd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very outside chance of 2nd Spurs need 1 point at Newcastle and Arsenal win by 13 at home to Villa or Spurs lose for either to be 2nd.

Wenger clearly needs sacking in that case, 3rd is just not good enough :smile:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So say Everton fans forever living in the shadows of Liverpool but realists know different.

That's the shadows of Liverpool in eighth place, 21 points behind Leicester?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
NORMALLY I would be all for the "what more do these supporters want" but Martinez has HUGELY underachieved in the league with a VERY VERY talented squad.

They won FIVE home games all season.

Coleman. One of the best right backs in the league
Baines. Was the best left back. Fell out with Martinez. Form disintergrated.
Stones. Will be sold for MEGA money.
Mccarthy - quality central midfielder
Barkley - Quality talent
Delefeou(probably spelt wrong) - Should be tearing teams apart
Lukaku - One of the best strikers in the league.

Don't kid yourself thinking Everton should be happy with mid-table. In this season of all seasons they should have been where West Ham are at least.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NORMALLY I would be all for the "what more do these supporters want" but Martinez has HUGELY underachieved in the league with a VERY VERY talented squad.

They won FIVE home games all season.

Coleman. One of the best right backs in the league
Baines. Was the best left back. Fell out with Martinez. Form disintergrated.
Stones. Will be sold for MEGA money.
Mccarthy - quality central midfielder
Barkley - Quality talent
Delefeou(probably spelt wrong) - Should be tearing teams apart
Lukaku - One of the best strikers in the league.

Don't kid yourself thinking Everton should be happy with mid-table. In this season of all seasons they should have been where West Ham are at least.

They most certainly should feel they are good enough to be finishing above Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, West Ham and Man Utd.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is no doubt that with every season that passes with him in charge Everton are getting slowly worse despite having better players

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not the right time to start a new thread on this but do you think CH could be tempted away by a Premier League club should we fail to go up through the playoffs?

I know he has had a couple of disappointments in the top league and he and TB obviously have a good relationship but....

I'm kind of worried about him going back to Newcastle, tbh, having got them up from this position before I'm sure they'd be interested.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Feel sorry for Robbie Martinez, the players weren't playing for him for a while now and should take a long hard look at themselves.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Not the right time to start a new thread on this but do you think CH could be tempted away by a Premier League club should we fail to go up through the playoffs?

I know he has had a couple of disappointments in the top league and he and TB obviously have a good relationship but....

He doesn't seem the type. I know he left Birmingham for the top division but they were buggered financially and he knew he would not have the chance to repeat a play off place with them. With us, that isn't the case

I can't see a Premier League team that would want him either. Everton you would think would go for a big name with all their star players. What Hughton is good at is creating a team without stars and getting the best out of them which is what Martinez did at Wigan. I imagine they will keep away from that profile of manager this time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He doesn't seem the type. I know he left Birmingham for the top division but they were buggered financially and he knew he would not have the chance to repeat a play off place with them. With us, that isn't the case

I can't see a Premier League team that would want him either. Everton you would think would go for a big name with all their star players. What Hughton is good at is creating a team without stars and getting the best out of them which is what Martinez did at Wigan. I imagine they will keep away from that profile of manager this time

He can work equally well with the top players.- You saw who the real driving force was behind the Martin Jol Spurs team which reached or nearly reached Champions League.

When Jol came back to Fulham he asked Chris to be his assistant again at Fulham. Chris turned it down even though he was out of work at the time because he wanted to continue Managing himself and duly got the Birmingham job.

Martin Jol didn't exactly set the stars alight at Fulham without Chris as part of his backroom team, despite having a really big budget at Fulham.

Everyone should just ignore speculation linking Chris with other jobs. He has a job in hand to do and he knows it is difficult now because the clubs in the play offs are good teams. He has two of his key players suspended but he is focussed on getting to the Premiership with Brighton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm kind of worried about him going back to Newcastle, tbh, having got them up from this position before I'm sure they'd be interested.

Can't see Hughton wanting to go back to that utter shambles of a club, given the way they binned him off after he'd got them back up and had them sat 11th in the Premier League. One of the most ridiculous sackings ever (probably only topped by Naarch when they got rid).

Ludicrous expectations, dreadful owner. You'd always be a bad run away from the sack at that madhouse.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

"Newcastle United have sacked Chris Hughton from his position as manager.

The club have put reserve team boss and ex-Magpies striker Peter Beardsley in charge of first team affairs.

Hughton's departure came a day after Newcastle lost 3-1 at West Brom, a result which left them 11th in the Premier League table.

The 51-year-old guided Newcastle back into the top flight last season but the club said it was looking for someone "with more managerial experience".

Calderwood, who left St James' Park to take the manager's post at Hibernian in October, told BBC Radio 5 live: "There's a great deal of shock but [it's] not unexpected because of the knowledge I had when I was there and the sort of regime that he [Hughton] was working under. It makes it difficult.

:lolol: Yeah, I don't think that's happening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
rafa1.jpg

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I often think this. OK, so Everton have never been out of the top flight, but they are not seriously one of the 'big teams'. They won the FA Cup in 1995, and the League in the mid-80s, but things have moved on since then.

Relegated 1930 and 1951 ,I lost a bet claiming they'd never gone down in the pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here