Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Martina Navratilova poorly

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Shitty disease. Lost my grandad to it on Xmas Day years ago, lost my dad to it at 47, lost Gemma to it aged 5, lost my gf mother to it aged 58. Thing is it doesn't matter how much money you have, it's gonna get you in the end.
All you can do is scream silently and wait for the breakdown.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps worth adding this positive bit

The ex-world number one previously underwent treatment for early-stage breast cancer in 2010.

The 66-year-old said: "This double whammy is serious but still fixable, and I'm hoping for a favourable outcome.

"It's going to stink for a while but I will fight with all I have got."

A statement from her representative described the prognosis as "good".

"Martina Navratilova has been diagnosed with stage one throat cancer," the statement said. "The prognosis is good and Martina will start her treatment this month.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Absolute superstar status growing up in Eastbourne in the 80s.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Shitty disease. Lost my grandad to it on Xmas Day years ago, lost my dad to it at 47, lost Gemma to it aged 5, lost my gf mother to it aged 58. Thing is it doesn't matter how much money you have, it's gonna get you in the end.
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully your family and kin won't be touched by it in the future.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That's awful, very sorry to hear it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That’s awful - so sorry Lenny.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Thanks. It is was it is (who said that) I'd like to say I'm over it but I'm not really. It's Gemma that annoys me more cos everyone else knew they had it, she cracked on with life oblivious. I'd swap places with her now if I could, and like everyone else I'd do that for any child.
On we go though, stiff upper lip and crack on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here