Martin Samuel has a POP at us in his column today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#preciousbrighton.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is journalism really so lacking that one person writes a piece without checking sources and others just repeat it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A sensible article on the issues of revamping the FA Cup then an uninformed paragraph about the loan of Wilson.

Still if it sells papers or gets visits to the webpage it must be alright.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Who is he?
(Samuel that is although the same could almost be said for Wilson - good player but not strong enough?)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I happen to read The Mail at weekends - does that make my opinions a vile irrelevance:)

Wilson is made of balsa wood :moo:

Mrs. V's Mother has her buy the Mail on Saturday mostly for the tv guide however, lot's of the "Stories " are quite hate filled I'm afraid.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
attachment.php

By the look of him, he should go back to his previous job of 'pie tester for Greggs' :tosser:

Looks like he has eaten James Wilson.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why do people read (and worse still) actually part with hard cash to get the Daily Hate?

:shit:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Why do people read (and worse still) actually part with hard cash to get the Daily Hate?

The Mail highlights the crap that goes on in our country.

Come back to the Wild Park(half a mile from our beloved Amex) and clear up the shit the travellers have left in the last two weeks or just stay where you are and just bleat on :moo:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Since when did anything written in that vile rag matter?
As if the scum are likely to want our 4th choice striking option back.

Exactly. But let's face it, despite a promising start, he has hardly set the football world alight with this this loan move. He has been allegedly 'ill' or 'unfit' for some weeks now, and with Zamora, Hemed, and now Baldock fit again, I'm beginning to wonder if we will get to see too much more of James Wilson in a Brighton shirt.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I used to read Samuels in yhe Times, he wrote a column slating a player for wanting a move for more money, about a week before he upped and left to write for the Mail, with, no doubt, a hefty pay rise thrown in.
Didn't he also write a match repory for a Spurs game, as if he was there, when he was spotted at the Boleyn Ground, watching West Ham at the same time? I maybe wrong on that one, just something in the back of my memory

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Mail highlights the crap that goes on in our country.

Come back to the Wild Park(half a mile from our beloved Amex) and clear up the shit the travellers have left in the last two weeks or just stay where you are and just bleat on :moo:

Correction - the Mail invents most of the crap it alleges goes on in this country.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Because it gives voice to their myopic views. Remember the story about the pound store in HH where we got quoted by the hate mail.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I used to read Samuels in yhe Times, he wrote a column slating a player for wanting a move for more money, about a week before he upped and left to write for the Mail, with, no doubt, a hefty pay rise thrown in.
Didn't he also write a match repory for a Spurs game, as if he was there, when he was spotted at the Boleyn Ground, watching West Ham at the same time? I maybe wrong on that one, just something in the back of my memory

Very hefty indeed. While he was doing the Times column he was also being paid by the News of the World too (although they wasted him). But the Mail offer blew both papers out of the water.

Pretending to be at a game he wasn't doesn't sound like Sammy. Rob Hughes or Paul Smith, yes.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In other (more interesting) news, Albion fan Paul Hayward was tonight named Sports Journalist of the Year by the Sports Journalists' Association for the third time. Well deserved. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have tweeted him the link to help him with future 'journalism'. Funniest thing is that Wilson himself said about the recall possibility the day he bloody joined!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here