Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Samuel/ daily mail

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Re Gus and 'tapping up'. That matches comments attributed to alleged club sources very early on in the suspension. They allegedly backtracked on it a couple of weeks ago. As I have said before, the club is leaking now more than It ever did. Trouble is, having said it, you can't in say it and so once it's out then if it's retracted, it's too late.

I would suspect it would be very difficulty prove that through a disciplinary. You would need the player and or his agent or witnesses to prove it. And given the he didn't deal with he retained list, surely that would have been the best way to have tapped up. In private, one to one etc.

The Oatway thing, I don't believe being loyal to gus is actually the issue here.

This 'club is leaking like never before' thing you keep saying is just plain wrong. Under Knight the club leaked like a sieve re just about everything, especially player transfers. Now, nobody really knows what's going on re Gus.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Was it not possible to believe in both agendas - especially when there was an enormous amount of overlap?

And I did. Until Gus started putting himself before our club. There was only 1 winner for me at that stage; the club.

Aug 23, 2011
You keep pushing your pro-Gus agenda. I'll stick with my pro-CLUB one. OK? I support the CLUB, not Gus. NOT a crime on a BRIGHTON ( NOT Gus) message board. If you don't like it, tough.

Yes of course i'm pro-Gus :rolleyes: (p.s thats sarcasm). You really don't read anything properly do you. I'll reiterate, i criticised the oversimplification of Samuels take of the situation. Thats nothing to do with taking sides. Is that putting it simply enough for you?

I've never been pro-club OR pro-gus in this whole situation. I have however pointed out numerous times that you can't judge someone without facts. Rumours and hear-say and one persons point of view do not make things right.

Aug 23, 2011
The fact that Gus constantly 'sold' himself to other clubs in his public pronouncements just ignored then?

Again it may not be morally/ethically right but if you're talking about legal terms, is "selling" himself a breach of contract? (and i'm not talking about the different interpretations of what he said here as thats been done to death). Is saying you want another job breaching a contract? Does his contract say he must not talk about the future? And no this isn't a defence of Gus, its looking purely at legal wordings

Aug 23, 2011
This 'club is leaking like never before' thing you keep saying is just plain wrong. Under Knight the club leaked like a sieve re just about everything, especially player transfers. Now, nobody really knows what's going on re Gus.

But i thought you knew what was going on from your source that is Blooms righthand man? So you finding things out isn't leaking?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

the dean Wilkins sacking........that wasn't known about by many in advance except for some club employees, but yet this. I knew Gus was likely to leave in march and was told in April he would be leaving ( and that the club would be sacking him) . Beach hut knew this and so did many in the wsu prior to the home defeat on that fateful Monday night.

And since then, you, many others on here etc all have some inside track on his suspension, what he has done etc. and I can certainly vouch that many of these theories have grounding in stories that have emanated from club employees. I can certainly say that I never had anybody ( in knights day) phoning me up to tell me the latest on a managerial position.....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm not up to date with the whole Gus saga, so in a nutshell it's alleged that he was sacked due to tapping up a player/players? Or is that too simplified!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here