Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Surely the main reason for you coming on today was to ensure Grealish didn't burgle 2 points from us.

Instead you switch off FFS

I’m not a fan but that is a little harsh
We have the ball away twice in very quick succession over the other side of the pitch. Webster although I don’t hold him at fault tried to anticipate the pass and the ball to Grealish went straight through where he had been

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I’m not a fan but that is a little harsh
We have the ball away twice in very quick succession over the other side of the pitch. Webster although I don’t hold him at fault tried to anticipate the pass and the ball to Grealish went straight through where he had been

Think you need to look at the highlights on Skysports.com

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely the main reason for you coming on today was to ensure Grealish didn't burgle 2 points from us.

Instead you switch off FFS

Rubbish. Where was Webster? Woefully out of position, marking no-one. Hardly all down to Montoya.

Stumpy Tim

It was a poor decision to move Alzate out of the right back position. He had dealt with Grealish pretty well, and you don't change the back four when things are ok. He was right to make a change, but he didn't need to move Alzate

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt go today or watch it on TV as I couldnt get a stream but Ben phoned and said their goal was yet again down to Websters inability to defend, no doubt there will be more on this later.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If you look at the highlights, Webster is covering Dunk who is marking their striker.

Do you really expect Webster to do that and mark Montoya's man as well?

Yes, the goal was conceded mainly due to the way we cheaply gave away possession but after that, the fault was with Montoya, not Webster. And I say that as someone who rates Montoya.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Why does Montoya even venture forward? Offers absolutely nothing apart from occupying one of their players sort of.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you look at the highlights, Webster is covering Dunk who is marking their striker.

Do you really expect Webster to do that and mark Montoya's man as well?

I expect him not to be completely in no-man’s land and unaware of the only goal threat on the pitch. Has to take a share of the blame.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Only one player was ever going to score for them. We could have left their other players unmarked and put two men on Grealish and been in no danger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here